Pioneer DVR-530H-S: EPG download interfering with scheduled recording

Old February 18th 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Tom Walker

Default Pioneer DVR-530H-S: EPG download interfering with scheduled recording

I'd be interested if anyone with this or a similar Pioneer model is
suffering from the same problem.

If I have a recording scheduled and it starts when the box is downloading
the EPG, it does not send any signal along the G-Link cable to the Sky
digibox. So it records whatever channel the digibox was last changed to.

Result is, I get recordings listed as, say, "Life in Cold Blood" (BBC1) that
actually contains "The Palace" (ITV1).

I've had the Pioneer for about 18 months and used to think these odd
recordings were caused by my "finger trouble" until one day it happened
while I was watching something in "real time". Now it seems to be happening
once or twice a week and it's quite frustrating.

I have emailed Pioneer about this - say they have not come across this
problem before and asked me for more details, which I sent. It has gone
quiet for a couple of weeks now despite my request for an update on the
issue.

Appreciate any feedback.

Tom Walker

Old March 18th 08, 02:38 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Arthur

Tom Walker wrote:
If I have a recording scheduled and it starts when the box is
downloading the EPG, it does not send any signal along the G-Link cable
to the Sky digibox. So it records whatever channel the digibox was last
changed to.

I've not seen this with our DVR-530H.
Our EPG doesn't show listing as far ahead as it used to (we are getting
them from ITV). We used to have listings for the next 6 or 7 days but
now it's usually only 1 or 2.
Arthur