Any recommendations?

Old February 12th 08, 09:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
PCPaul

Default Any recommendations?

Hi,

I'm looking for an upgrade to an XBMC Xbox. It's been fine, but I need
more now. Specifically:

- HDMI
- HD
- streaming all sorts of everything from my file server (MP3s, images,
DivX, .isos etc.)
- playing (and upscaling) DVDs
- playing from a USB key/SD card/other Flash memory devices..

I've been looking at the Kiss 1600 but there seems to be a lack of
firmware upgrades to fix some fairly basic issues.. and a naff OSD,
according to the reviews.

The Archos TV+ was a contender until I saw it could only do 576p, and
DivX seems to be a bit undecided (some say it does, some say it doesn't)

A PS3 or Xbox360 are possibilities - haven't tried them - how do they
rate on the media centre front now?

The display is going to an HD projector, hence wanting to keep the
picture resolution up as much as I can...

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Old February 28th 08, 10:29 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Steven Campbell[_2_]

"PCPaul" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Paul I'm not really clued up about media centres etc but my boys PS3 can
stream MP3s and images straight out the box. Not sure about DivX etc. but it
has HDMI, USB and flash memory ports.