HUMAX PVR-9200T PIP Question

Old February 19th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The Berzerker

Default HUMAX PVR-9200T PIP Question

I'm seriously considering buying this PVR. Most issues and concerns I have
already found answers to, however, I have a rather insignificant question
remaining:

Using the PIP (Picture-in-Picture) technology, is it possible to have one
picture as a freeview channel and the other as the device connected to the
PVR's second scart socket (eg, DVD player or games console)?

While relatively pointless, it does seem like a rather amusing possibility.

Thank you for your time.

Old February 19th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Andrew

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:27:27 -0000, "The Berzerker"
wrote:

I'm seriously considering buying this PVR.

I would recommend the Topfield instead.

Using the PIP (Picture-in-Picture) technology, is it possible to have one
picture as a freeview channel and the other as the device connected to the
PVR's second scart socket (eg, DVD player or games console)?

No.
Old February 19th 06, 07:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The Berzerker

wrote:

I'm seriously considering buying this PVR.

I would recommend the Topfield instead.

Which model are you recommending?

Care to share a few comments about why it's the better choice?

Using the PIP (Picture-in-Picture) technology, is it possible to have one
picture as a freeview channel and the other as the device connected to the
PVR's second scart socket (eg, DVD player or games console)?

No.

Bummer

Old February 19th 06, 07:41 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Andrew

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:16:43 -0000, "The Berzerker"
wrote:

Which model are you recommending?

Topfield TF5800 PVR. See toppy.org.uk for details.

Care to share a few comments about why it's the better choice?

With Jags EPG you can get it to search the EPG listings for
occurrences of programme's, set the timer automatically and add
padding at the beginning and end of shows. The Humax can't and
consequently can be a PITA.
Old February 20th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Daniel Cohen

wrote:

Which model are you recommending?

Topfield TF5800 PVR. See toppy.org.uk for details.

Care to share a few comments about why it's the better choice?

With Jags EPG you can get it to search the EPG listings for
occurrences of programme's, set the timer automatically and add
padding at the beginning and end of shows. The Humax can't and
consequently can be a PITA.

Padding should be coming soon on the Humax.

Both machines have useful features and a number of bugs. Best advice is
to look at the forums devoted to the two machines (remembering that
forums tend to be full of complaints) and see what the problems are.

Topfield has the ability for thrid parties to extend the functionality,
and there are quite a lot of mini programs available, Humax does not.
Topfield can download to PCs and Macs, Humax currently only to PCs.
Humax is cheaper and more widely available.

I have the Humax, and am mostly satisfied with it.
--
Send e-mail to the Reply-To address;
mail to the From address is never read
Old February 20th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Daniel Cohen

wrote:

I'm seriously considering buying this PVR.

I would recommend the Topfield instead.

Using the PIP (Picture-in-Picture) technology, is it possible to have one
picture as a freeview channel and the other as the device connected to the
PVR's second scart socket (eg, DVD player or games console)?

No.

Bummer

The scarts on the Humax (don't know about the Topfield) are out only.

Old February 20th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Matti Lamprhey

"Daniel Cohen" wrote...

Padding should be coming soon on the Humax.

Both machines have useful features and a number of bugs. Best advice
is to look at the forums devoted to the two machines (remembering
that forums tend to be full of complaints) and see what the problems

are.

Can you point me to the Humax forum, please?

Thanks,
Matti

Old February 20th 06, 12:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The Berzerker

wrote:

I'm seriously considering buying this PVR.

I would recommend the Topfield instead.

Using the PIP (Picture-in-Picture) technology, is it possible to have
one
picture as a freeview channel and the other as the device connected to
the
PVR's second scart socket (eg, DVD player or games console)?

No.

Bummer

The scarts on the Humax (don't know about the Topfield) are out only.

Testing the 8000T (to sample the HUMAX interface etc) I've got my DVD Player
connected via the second 'VCR' scart. The signal is passed through fine and
is full RGB. I'll be damned if the 9200T couldn't do the same.

Old February 20th 06, 01:37 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
NickM

Can you point me to the Humax forum, please?

http://www.hummy.org.uk/forum/