Good DVB card for MCE

Old February 8th 06, 07:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
James Harris

Default Good DVB card for MCE

Can someone recommend a DVB-T card that preferably has drivers certified
for Windows Media Center Edition? I would really like to get a dual
digital tuner card but I can't find any but the Terratec offering.
Unfortunately I bought that one but it has driver problems and won't
work on my PC. (It reports a resource conflict/absence - but doesn't say
what resource it is looking for.)

So, a dual tuner would be ideal as I only have one PCI slot free, but
failing that something else (or a USB one) would do. Hope you can help.

TIA,
Jason

Old February 8th 06, 07:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
old jon

"James Harris" no.email.please wrote in message
Can someone recommend a DVB-T card that preferably has drivers certified
for Windows Media Center Edition? I would really like to get a dual
digital tuner card but I can't find any but the Terratec offering.
Unfortunately I bought that one but it has driver problems and won't work
on my PC. (It reports a resource conflict/absence - but doesn't say what
resource it is looking for.)

So, a dual tuner would be ideal as I only have one PCI slot free, but
failing that something else (or a USB one) would do. Hope you can help.

TIA,
Jason

You could try running Depends.exe:
www.dependencywalker.com/
It might help you through your problem.

--
bw..OJ

Old February 8th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
James Harris

"old jon" wrote in message

"James Harris" no.email.please wrote in message
Can someone recommend a DVB-T card that preferably has drivers
certified for Windows Media Center Edition? I would really like to
get a dual digital tuner card but I can't find any but the Terratec
offering. Unfortunately I bought that one but it has driver problems
and won't work on my PC. (It reports a resource conflict/absence -
but doesn't say what resource it is looking for.)

snip
You could try running Depends.exe:
www.dependencywalker.com/
It might help you through your problem.

That's a useful package. Unfortunately it seems to only tell me about
file dependencies. I think the Terratec driver is looking for a DMA
channel, an I/O port or a specific memory range - i.e. the resource
types listed in device manager. Thanks, though, for letting me know
about the utility.

Old February 8th 06, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
dawg

Since you only have one PCI slot available,the terratec card can't find a
good address to instal itself.
You could try removing your other PCI cards and getiing the terratec card
working first,then adding back your other PCI cards.

Old February 9th 06, 12:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Rob Hemmings

"James Harris" no.email.please wrote in message
Can someone recommend a DVB-T card that preferably has drivers certified
for Windows Media Center Edition? I would really like to get a dual
digital tuner card but I can't find any but the Terratec offering.
Unfortunately I bought that one but it has driver problems and won't
work on my PC. (It reports a resource conflict/absence - but doesn't say
what resource it is looking for.)

So, a dual tuner would be ideal as I only have one PCI slot free, but
failing that something else (or a USB one) would do. Hope you can help.

Have a look at the Nebula uDigiTV master PCI card. You can
add more slave USB2 tuners as needed. It works great for me,
but I use their own software. I believe their BDA drivers are now
MCE compliant. Not cheap, but excellent kit:
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/
BDA drivers:
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/Do...DA_Drivers.asp
HTH
--
Rob

Old February 9th 06, 12:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Rob Hemmings

"Rob Hemmings" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, just noticed the BDA drivers are OK for the pci version, but
not yet ready for the USB slaves.
--
Rob

Old February 9th 06, 06:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
if

"Rob Hemmings" wrote in
:

Have a look at the Nebula uDigiTV master PCI card.

Are there any TV cards similar to the Nebula that work under Win98?
Old February 10th 06, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
James Harris

"old jon" wrote in message
Try the Terratec site for updated drivers James.

No good, I'm afraid. They even pointed me at a non certified beta driver
but it did no better.