Help They LOst My Pace BOX !!!!

Old June 10th 04, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
dylan30

Default Help They LOst My Pace BOX !!!!

I did not have time to keep updating my pace box (see ealier post)

So they arrange for a courier to pick it up monday afternoon. Called them
today to check how it was going and it's never arrived.....

They have lost it If any one see a stray pace twin walking down the street
on in the back of a city link van can they let me know.. Thanks

Next time it goes straight back to argos !

Adam

---

Old June 10th 04, 02:47 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:21:38 +0100, "dylan30"
wrote:

They have lost it If any one see a stray pace twin walking down the street
on in the back of a city link van can they let me know.. Thanks

Ah, City Link. That explains it.
Old June 10th 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

wrote:

They have lost it If any one see a stray pace twin walking down the street
on in the back of a city link van can they let me know.. Thanks

Ah, City Link. That explains it.

Quite, I've cancelled orders when I discovered they were being used. It's
pot luck to an extent, down to local drivers, but the comapny seems to be
too badly-run to offer checks and balances.

My favorite part is that we have a goods in dept at work, staffed from
07:00 every day. It gets lots of delicate and esoteric equipment every
day, and everything is looked after meticulously.

Citilink's local drivers all seemed to be of the mind that anywhere a bit
out of the way (like the site in question) just meant that they coupdn't
knock off early. So they'd merely claim that they'd "carded the property"
at some unspecified time, no-one in.

After the fifth time they were caught out like that, the joke got old.

I have found that couriers on the whole, and citilink in particular, don't
give a wet slap about service. If you order something from a box shifter,
and the courier can't be arsed to deliver it, they don't really care
either way. They've had their money, and you aren't party to their
contract with the vendor, and thus can't insist they fulfil it. So,
essentially, raising merry hell won't work unless you're /very/ good at it
*innocent*.

The trick, where possible, is to phone up the other party, who paid the
courier, and say something along the lines of "I paid for midday delivery,
it's now three o'clock. If it's not here by close of play today, please
don't bother, becuase I shall refuse delivery after that. Moreover, don't
you DARE try and charge my credit card in any way, shape or form for this
transaction, or you'll have card issuer to deal with".

Focuses the mind wonderfully, that. A few slapdash box shifters suddenly
were found to be less slapdash when made to play nicely.

Of course, no hootering use for the pwerson shipping a borked box to
pace, but just wanted to have that rant

--
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]

Old June 10th 04, 03:31 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
dylan30

I called city link peronally and they told me the time and person who signed
for it. I waited for pace to call pace full of excuses and gues what it
would be done today and sent back. Great i thought I could get the
conignment number and pick it up from there local depot ... (which is
covient)

Little sods pace have sent it via DHL ...... depot is miles away.. I bet
they deliver tomorrow am while i am

Adam

ps I use to be a white van man delivering pacels. your comment are
justified. They do start work early and some are a bit keen to finish. I
have to put a note on the door asking them knock loudly so i can hear. as
for leaving it with next door to much hard work

---

Old June 10th 04, 03:50 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:31:52 +0100, dylan30 wrote:

Little sods pace have sent it via DHL ...... depot is miles away.. I bet
they deliver tomorrow am while i am

Well, good luck, I hope you have a Jerry Springer stylee happy reunion
with your pace box ASAP..

ps I use to be a white van man delivering pacels. your comment are
justified. They do start work early and some are a bit keen to finish. I
have to put a note on the door asking them knock loudly so i can hear. as
for leaving it with next door to much hard work

I've actually seen someone stick a card through my front door without
attempting to bring the parcel, knock or ring, too. Buggrem, spyin' on
me with them rays (etc).

Old June 10th 04, 06:48 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
James Hart

Ancipital wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:31:52 +0100, dylan30 wrote:

Little sods pace have sent it via DHL ...... depot is miles away.. I
bet they deliver tomorrow am while i am

Well, good luck, I hope you have a Jerry Springer stylee happy reunion
with your pace box ASAP..

ps I use to be a white van man delivering pacels. your comment are
justified. They do start work early and some are a bit keen to
finish. I have to put a note on the door asking them knock loudly so
i can hear. as for leaving it with next door to much hard work

I've actually seen someone stick a card through my front door without
attempting to bring the parcel, knock or ring, too. Buggrem, spyin'
on me with them rays (etc).

Dad can go one better than that. They carded us one morning just as he went
to pick the post up off the mat so he opened the door straight away to a
shocked looking Parcelforce driver. He hadn't even put the item in the van,
he was running late (so he said) and the last cage wasn't loaded so he was
just going round carding all those deliveries that were on his route to keep
his paperwork in order.
Our Parcel line driver signs timed stuff himself if he's running late. He
admits there's no way he can get round his route doing all the before 12s
and then go round again doing all the before 4s so he justs signs them as
delivered and does them when he can. We got a supplier that used them to
drop them because of this, the supplier thought we were trying it on each
time when we complained a delivery hadn't appeared. We were arguing it out
on the phone one day when the driver walked in the door, I passed the phone
over to him and that was the last he earned from that supplier.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

Old June 11th 04, 08:59 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Vision Satellite

We've used Citylink for about 5 years for UK deliveries and never really had
a problem with them. One or two late ones but they've not lost one yet!
Better touch some wood! Generally they don't seem to play football with the
packages either, which is always a bonus when shipping delicate items. Now
Parcelforce are a different matter, if a delivery does arrive, it looks like
they're all in training for Euro 2004. Don't even mention Royal
Mail.......recorded delivery at the mo takes weeks! And they've managed to
loose a few recently. I complained and tried to track a recorded delivery
package, customer services told me that they,ve got no info on my package,
and it's not really worth using their special and recorded services at the
moment due to delays caused by re-organisation in the postal service!

--
For all your Satellite TV needs....with online shopping and our interactive
shop cam.

Old June 11th 04, 12:02 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Alex

wrote:

I called city link peronally and they told me the time and person who signed
for it. I waited for pace to call pace full of excuses and gues what it
would be done today and sent back. Great i thought I could get the
conignment number and pick it up from there local depot ... (which is
covient)

Little sods pace have sent it via DHL ...... depot is miles away.. I bet
they deliver tomorrow am while i am

Adam

ps I use to be a white van man delivering pacels. your comment are
justified. They do start work early and some are a bit keen to finish. I
have to put a note on the door asking them knock loudly so i can hear. as
for leaving it with next door to much hard work

You need to go back to school and learn how to spell. Not only that
you need some grammer lessons. You need help for sure on learning how
to write a complete sentence. Your in bad shape pal. Quit wasting your
money on pvr's and buy Hooked on Phonics. I'm serious.
Old June 11th 04, 01:17 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Stuart Bell

Alex wrote:

You need to go back to school and learn how to spell. Not only that
you need some grammer lessons.

People. . . glass houses. . . . stones.

Stuart
--
Try stuartsmacs at dsl dot pipex dot com to email me.
The writing of Sarah Kent plumbs new depths in Shark
Old June 11th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 07:02:28 -0400, Alex
wrote:

You need to go back to school and learn how to spell. Not only that
you need some grammer lessons.

grammer?

money on pvr's and buy Hooked on Phonics. I'm serious.

pvr's what?