Leading brand PVR's

Old June 9th 04, 10:59 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
GW3TSH

Default Leading brand PVR's

Bluestars wrote:
The unit appears to have only an analogue TV tuner

If it cannot record BBC3 and BBC4 then I'll not be interested.

How can a company purport to sell cutting-edge technology
to technophiles and early adopters of new technology, if their
equipment is incapable of handling established channels from
the flagship broadcaster ?
DTT has been around for over five years now,
which planet are their marketing bozos on ?

Another lost sale.

Old June 10th 04, 11:19 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Bluestars

If it cannot record BBC3 and BBC4 then I'll not be interested.

How can a company purport to sell cutting-edge technology
to technophiles and early adopters of new technology, if their
equipment is incapable of handling established channels from
the flagship broadcaster ?
DTT has been around for over five years now,
which planet are their marketing bozos on ?

Whilst there is nothing to stop you connecting your own DTT freeview box,
(at S-video quality) I agree it rather defeats the object of a 'one box'
solution.

The machines are manufactured for a worldwide market without requiring
significant country specific modification. (e.g. adding a mains plug for
the UK market) I don't know where else in the world DTT is broadcast, but
even in the UK it can't be received everywhere.

I've looked at three leading brands of HDD -DVD recorders, JVC, Panasonic,
and Philips. All have Analogue tuners, none have a DTT tuners . (Philips
tuner can do both PAL and SECAM)

--
In addition to the JVC model mentioned previously.

Panasonic have two offerings:
DMR-E85 80 GB HDD at list price of 599
DMR-E100 again 80 GB HDD at list price 999.
Both have S-video inputs but only the E100 has DV input.
For the price, 80 GB HDD looks a bit stingy to me.

Philips offer one machine:
HDRW-720 80 Gb HDD. I could not find a price.
It has S-video input and DV input.

Roger

Old June 11th 04, 09:43 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Bluestars

Updating my previous post:

Apparently Panasonic are dropping the E 100 model, E85 becoming their
flagship model.

Each of the three brands, JVC, Panasonic & Philips, now have machines in the
same price bracket at around 500 pounds.

Is there an offering from Sony?

Roger

Old June 11th 04, 07:19 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jim Hatfield

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:43:45 +0000 (UTC), "Bluestars"
wrote:

Updating my previous post:

Apparently Panasonic are dropping the E 100 model, E85 becoming their
flagship model.

Isn't the E95 coming out next month?