uk xmltv listings provider

Old June 8th 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Douglas McIntosh

Default uk xmltv listings provider

Does anyone know where I can find a complete UK TV listings provider. I
want decent data in xmltv format and am quite happy to pay.

The Digiguide forums said there were commercial providers but declined to
mention any.

I know there is a grabber but at some point the Radio Times site is going
to change enough to prevent it and the bleb site does not have a complete
listing.

Douglas
Old June 8th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
[email protected]

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:35:03 +0000, Douglas McIntosh
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a complete UK TV listings provider. I
want decent data in xmltv format and am quite happy to pay.

The Digiguide forums said there were commercial providers but declined to
mention any.

I know there is a grabber but at some point the Radio Times site is going
to change enough to prevent it and the bleb site does not have a complete
listing.

Douglas

If you're willing to pay what's wrong with using Digiguide?

Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
Old June 9th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Douglas McIntosh

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a complete UK TV listings provider. I
want decent data in xmltv format and am quite happy to pay.

The Digiguide forums said there were commercial providers but declined to
mention any.

I know there is a grabber but at some point the Radio Times site is going
to change enough to prevent it and the bleb site does not have a complete
listing.

Douglas

If you're willing to pay what's wrong with using Digiguide?

Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

Can't find an easy way to convert the listings to xmltv format. It was
from their discussion forums I saw mention of businesses that would
provide this service. They just didn't mention any names.

I presume because I could technically convert their listings to xmltv and
then provide them for free.

Douglas

Old June 10th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Paul Webster

Douglas McIntosh wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a complete UK TV listings provider. I
want decent data in xmltv format and am quite happy to pay.

The Digiguide forums said there were commercial providers but declined to
mention any.

I know there is a grabber but at some point the Radio Times site is going
to change enough to prevent it and the bleb site does not have a complete
listing.

The commerical offerings that folks are referring to on the DG forums
would probably be a few thousand pounds per year ... i.e. they are not
aimed at the domestic user.
You get download some (many) from Broadcast Data Services ... but I
suspect that this is where Andrew (Bleb) is getting many of them.

The comments about why you cannot convert DG listings to XMLTV are
right - they are not allowed to provide their listings in non-secure
way (part of their contract with BDS) and ... even if they could then
it would only need one person to decide to re-publish and share to
many others to completely break their commercial model ... which would
ultimely mean no more DG for anyone.
--
Rgds
Paul Webster