Advice and help please.

Old May 22nd 04, 04:33 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

Default Advice and help please.

On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:11:21 +0100, Darren wrote:

I've already spoken with the seller and he says will post to UK via UPS for
$49...

Will it work in England though

After a couple of re-readings, I realised that you intended to this last
line to be a question, despite lack of conventional punctuation to this
effect.

In the light of that, I'd consider this a huge, glowing neon-bedecked
hovering "NO", as has alrteady been hinted. Don't waste your money.

---
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]
"I'm not crying victim, but I am stating that a lot
of spammers are genuine scumbags." -Sanford Wallace

Old May 22nd 04, 07:59 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Darren

I saw this advertised on Ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Its a RCA Direct TV with Tivo card, Do you think it will work in the UK.

Regards

Darren

---

Old May 22nd 04, 08:06 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Andrew

On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:59:21 +0100, "Darren"
wrote:

Its a RCA Direct TV with Tivo card, Do you think it will work in the UK.

It says "Will post to United States, Canada", what do you think?
Old May 22nd 04, 08:11 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Darren

wrote:

Its a RCA Direct TV with Tivo card, Do you think it will work in the UK.

It says "Will post to United States, Canada", what do you think?

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old May 22nd 04, 08:18 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Andrew

wrote:

Will it work in England though

Its a US spec machine, no.
Old May 22nd 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Carl Waring

wrote:

Will it work in England though

Its a US spec machine, no.

What he said :-)

"DirecTV" is a US satellite service that is probably not compatible with our
Sky. However, it would *definately* not work in the UK for the same reason
that our Tivos would not work over there; broadcast system and Guide Data
incompatibility.

--
Change colour to blue to reply