Pace Twin software update

Old May 18th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Vic

Default Pace Twin software update

The following has appeared on the Pace site:

Pace will download a new version of software for the Twin Digital TV Recorder
at 10.00am on Saturday 5th June. The download will run until 9.00am on Monday 7th June.
To receive the download, you will need to be tuned to a BBC channel.

Hope this fixes some of the bugs.

Old May 18th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:05:20 +0100, "Vic"
wrote:

Hope this fixes some of the bugs.

Hope it also adds some new functionality for navigating round the EPG.

And allows you to delete shows while it is recording something else.
Old May 18th 04, 12:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Switters

On Tue, 18 May 2004 11:05:20 GMT, "Vic"
allegedly wrote:

The following has appeared on the Pace site:

Pace will download a new version of software for the Twin Digital TV
Recorder at 10.00am on Saturday 5th June. The download will run until
9.00am on Monday 7th June. To receive the download, you will need to
be tuned to a BBC channel.

I don't have one, but I'm curious... Does this mean that the download will
take 47 hours to complete, and you need to be tuned to BBCx for all that
time, or that it's a short download and you need to tune in at some point
during that 47 hour window?

It sounds like the former to me, which also sounds a little inconvenient.
Old May 18th 04, 01:03 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
thamessink

allegedly wrote:

The following has appeared on the Pace site:

Pace will download a new version of software for the Twin Digital TV
Recorder at 10.00am on Saturday 5th June. The download will run until
9.00am on Monday 7th June. To receive the download, you will need to
be tuned to a BBC channel.

I don't have one, but I'm curious... Does this mean that the download will
take 47 hours to complete, and you need to be tuned to BBCx for all that
time, or that it's a short download and you need to tune in at some point
during that 47 hour window?

It sounds like the former to me, which also sounds a little inconvenient.

The download will be available for 47 hours, but will not even take 1 hour
to do, based on previous downloads. Of course signal strength and any
interference will cause problems.

---

Old May 18th 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:05:20 +0100, Vic wrote:

The following has appeared on the Pace site:

Pace will download a new version of software for the Twin Digital TV Recorder
at 10.00am on Saturday 5th June. The download will run until 9.00am on Monday 7th June.
To receive the download, you will need to be tuned to a BBC channel.

Hope this fixes some of the bugs.

Adding a skip forward/back one day in the EPG would make me a happier
bunny, too... /wish

("What's on the end of the stick?")

--
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]

Old May 18th 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:16:50 +0000, Switters wrote:

I don't have one, but I'm curious... Does this mean that the download will
take 47 hours to complete, and you need to be tuned to BBCx for all that
time, or that it's a short download and you need to tune in at some point
during that 47 hour window?

It sounds like the former to me, which also sounds a little inconvenient.

It usually takes less than 15 minutes for me... but I am in a very strong
signal area.

Old May 18th 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:12:24 +0100, k wrote:

And allows you to delete shows while it is recording something else.

Hah, someone else who goes through, tags loads of old recordings, and then
notices that the little red light is on?

Old May 19th 04, 03:57 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
dylan30

as a new owner of a pace twin I was wondering what happen if you did not
update you box during this period ie you were on holiday etc.

Do they broadcast the update again do you have to wait for the next version
to be released !!!

Anyone Know ?

Thanks
adam

Old May 19th 04, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Norman

"dylan30" wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
as a new owner of a pace twin I was wondering what happen if you did not
update you box during this period ie you were on holiday etc.

Do they broadcast the update again do you have to wait for the next

version
to be released !!!

Anyone Know ?

Thanks
adam

The current version has been repeated several times over the past few months
so I am sure it will be the same with this one.......or at least I hope so
as I will be on holiday at the time!

Norman

Old May 20th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Simon Slavin

On 18/05/2004, Switters wrote in message
:

I don't have one, but I'm curious... Does this mean that the download
will take 47 hours to complete, and you need to be tuned to BBCx for
all that time, or that it's a short download and you need to tune in at
some point during that 47 hour window?

The latter. An actual download takes about ten minutes. Each download
is broadcast for a number of days in a row to give people a chance to
find it.

Simon.
--
Using pre-release version of newsreader.
Please tell me if it does weird things.