sky plus questions....

Old May 12th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
the dog from that film you saw

Default sky plus questions....

happy with my tivo but the idea of dual channel recording appeals to me so
i'm thinking of getting one - probably in addition to the tivo.
so.....

does the sky plus output s-video? - in the form of a s-video out plug? - and
if so will it work at the same time as the rgb scart? - i'm thinking for
purposes of digitising stuff.

has the program guide been sorted? - i used to hear stories of dissapearing
season passes etc.

anything else i need to know? -anyone who has moved from tivo to sky + have
any unbiased comments as to user friendliness?

--
Gareth.
Quote of the day.

Old May 12th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Nige

"the dog from that film you saw"
wrote in message
s.com...
happy with my tivo but the idea of dual channel recording appeals to me so
i'm thinking of getting one - probably in addition to the tivo.
so.....

does the sky plus output s-video? - in the form of a s-video out plug? -

and
if so will it work at the same time as the rgb scart? - i'm thinking for
purposes of digitising stuff.

It sure does.

has the program guide been sorted? - i used to hear stories of

dissapearing
season passes etc.

Not had any problems for ages

Old May 12th 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Bal

"the dog from that film you saw"
wrote in message
s.com...

sounds good - thanks gentlemen.

--
Gareth.
Quote of the day.
You're disgusting! you say he is sex lupines and sweep him away.
A chinese actress suffers the indignity of bad subtitles in the film 'red

kill'

If you are happy with the standard hard disk then everything works fine. If
you intend to upgrade to a bigger disk then expect bugs galore including
frozen recordings, corrupt recordings and the infamous 17min bug where the
recording defaults to 17mins into the program if you either select a later
time or try to forward at x30 speed. Even with these niggles I would still
recommend it, just use the tivo as a back up for any must have recordings -
that's what I do :-).

Bal

Old May 13th 04, 07:30 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Phil

the dog from that film you saw wrote:
happy with my tivo but the idea of dual channel recording appeals to me so
i'm thinking of getting one - probably in addition to the tivo.
so.....

does the sky plus output s-video? - in the form of a s-video out plug? - and
if so will it work at the same time as the rgb scart? - i'm thinking for
purposes of digitising stuff.

has the program guide been sorted? - i used to hear stories of dissapearing
season passes etc.

anything else i need to know? -anyone who has moved from tivo to sky + have
any unbiased comments as to user friendliness?

There's an interesting thread on the Tivo Community forum where some
chap who moved from Tivo to Sky+....but is now moving back because of
the issues, check it out here
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=173923
Old May 13th 04, 03:57 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Peter Pratten

In article m, the dog
from that film you saw
writes
has the program guide been sorted? - i used to hear stories of dissapearing
season passes etc.

Err, you mean "Series Link". It is certainly better than it was but not
perfect. I've known it to pick up a programme I never watch, or never
record, at least. I think it happens when to the link is set (by the
broadcaster) when no next programme exists, so it finds something else

Not every channel provides link information but it is getting much wider
use.

There have been bugs reported of failed recordings, I've reported some,
so have other people.

I think it is generally great but it does have its foibles.

There was a recent download of new software but I am not sure what it
covered.
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only