7 day freeview to go live on wendesday 5th may

Old May 4th 04, 01:38 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

Default 7 day freeview to go live on wendesday 5th may

A little bird (no names, no pact drill) told me that the Freeview EPG
will be going out with 7 days worth of info from the 5th.

I checked on the DTG site, and it was confirmed:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/uknews/-f...epg_london.htm

Enjoy.

--
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]

Old May 4th 04, 02:28 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Stuart Bell

Ancipital wrote:

A little bird (no names, no pact drill) told me that the Freeview EPG
will be going out with 7 days worth of info from the 5th.

I checked on the DTG site, and it was confirmed:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/uknews/-f...epg_london.htm

Enjoy.

If you live in London, of course! :-(

--
Try stuartsmacs at dsl dot pipex dot com to email me.
The writing of Sarah Kent plumbs new depths in Shark
Old May 4th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Tue, 04 May 2004 15:28:29 +0100, Stuart Bell wrote:

Ancipital wrote:

A little bird (no names, no pact drill) told me that the Freeview EPG
will be going out with 7 days worth of info from the 5th.

I checked on the DTG site, and it was confirmed:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/uknews/-f...epg_london.htm

Enjoy.

If you live in London, of course! :-(

Indeed, this is the nature of a partial trial. It would be stupid and
irresponsible to try and roll it out everywhere at once. However, they
can't publicise it too much, or they'll cop flack from people going
"waaah! no fair!".

However, there are obviously sensible operational reasons for rolling out
the second trial there, not to mention the hellish spectrum planning
implications. There's a lot more to it than people think.

Glad it's not my headache.

Anyway, if it's a sucess, they seem really keen to roll it out everywhere.
At least you'll get it once it's working- who knows, if it breaks boxes,
we Alien Scum[tm] near Crystal Palace might be scared of the guide for a
bit (certainly for people with older, more shagged types of box)

If no-one else does, I'll have a wibble on about how it's working out
towards the end of the week.

I'd almost rather that I hadn't been told, would have produced a "WTF?"
reaction when I noticed more than now/next...

Old May 5th 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Clem Dye

Stuart Bell wrote:
Ancipital wrote:

A little bird (no names, no pact drill) told me that the Freeview EPG
will be going out with 7 days worth of info from the 5th.

I checked on the DTG site, and it was confirmed:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/uknews/-f...epg_london.htm

Enjoy.

If you live in London, of course! :-(

.... and you have a box that supports the 7-day EPG without a software
upgrade :-(

Old May 5th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Stuart Bell

Clem Dye wrote:

If you live in London, of course! :-(

... and you have a box that supports the 7-day EPG without a software
upgrade :-(

That's not the problem - Pace Twiin. :-)

Stuart
Old May 5th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Wed, 05 May 2004 11:55:27 +0100, Clem Dye wrote:

If you live in London, of course! :-(

... and you have a box that supports the 7-day EPG without a software
upgrade :-(

...and indeed electricity, enough mass to operate the remote control
buttons, and sensory organs of some kind with which to consume the decoded
media.

Kinda pointless to reply to news of a limited trial with lots of frowny
faces and whinges. As already explained, limited trials are limited. They
aren't everywhere and won't work for everyone. Only a complete idiot would
try and launch an untested live service which costs this much. When it's
public money you're spending, it's incumbent upon you to be rather careful
with it.

Old May 5th 04, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Andrew

On Wed, 05 May 2004 12:51:48 +0100, Ancipital
wrote:

Kinda pointless to reply to news of a limited trial with lots of frowny
faces and whinges.

Your initial posts didn't say is was a limited trial. If you weren't
in the trial area and got your hopes raised only to be let down, you
would be a bit miffed.
Old May 5th 04, 01:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

wrote:

Kinda pointless to reply to news of a limited trial with lots of frowny
faces and whinges.

Your initial posts didn't say is was a limited trial. If you weren't
in the trial area and got your hopes raised only to be let down, you
would be a bit miffed.

No, but I cunningly provided a URL for those with at least a basic
level of reading comprehension. Acting as a copy typist seemed to be
redundant, given the wonder of the new-fangled Intarweb.

If my unforgivable omission has caused anyone who is unable to click on
links to lose sleep, then I apologise profusely, and suggest they get out
more :-)

Old May 5th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Clem Dye

Ancipital wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2004 11:55:27 +0100, Clem Dye wrote:

If you live in London, of course! :-(

... and you have a box that supports the 7-day EPG without a software
upgrade :-(

..and indeed electricity, enough mass to operate the remote control
buttons, and sensory organs of some kind with which to consume the decoded
media.

Kinda pointless to reply to news of a limited trial with lots of frowny
faces and whinges. As already explained, limited trials are limited. They
aren't everywhere and won't work for everyone. Only a complete idiot would
try and launch an untested live service which costs this much. When it's
public money you're spending, it's incumbent upon you to be rather careful
with it.

I made my comment as a passing observation. Frankly, I'm not bothered
about the trial. A 7-day EPG would be nice, but I can live without it.

Clem

Old May 5th 04, 01:46 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Wed, 05 May 2004 14:21:35 +0100, Clem Dye wrote:

I made my comment as a passing observation. Frankly, I'm not bothered
about the trial. A 7-day EPG would be nice, but I can live without it.

Sorry, the depressed smiley was apparently offering me the wrong end of
the stick, mea maxima culpa.

Just gets a bit boring when you say "hey! goodthing might happen!", and
all you get by way of response is "ooh, that cure for cancer won't stop my
woodworm or dry rot" etc. Makes one a tad cranky.