Bleb.org XMLTV Listings

Old April 19th 04, 09:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Mental Nurse

Default Bleb.org XMLTV Listings

Is the site down or something ? Is there an alternative as I seem to have
no connection whatsoever. Pinging gives me no reponse.

Is it the site or just my duff connection ?

Doug
Old April 28th 04, 03:44 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris Croughton

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:36:55 +0000, Mental Nurse
wrote:

Is the site down or something ? Is there an alternative as I seem to have
no connection whatsoever. Pinging gives me no reponse.

Is it the site or just my duff connection ?

It was the site, it's working now. Thanks for pointing me at it, since
Ananova stopped doing TV listings I've been looking for somewhere doing
them. Only thing is it misses out some channels I'm interested in
(Hallmark, particularly).

Incidentally, have you noticed that when a programme ends at 0600 it
gets the wrong stop time in the XML?

programme start="20040429032500" stop="20040429040500" channel="itv1..."
programme start="20040429040500" stop="20040428000000" channel="itv1..."

It seems to be (a) a bug and (b) consistent...

(Consistency I don't mind, I can work round that...)

If you're interested in writing a grabber for emergencies, the following
may be useful:

OnTheBox seems to have pretty complete listings, which could be decoded,
but are very slow (5 channels at a time, taking around 10 seconds to
fetch, but without detail, for that you'd have to issue a fetch one
programme at a time taking another 10 seconds or so for each one).
Their URL format is of the form:

http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/...t.asp?slice=0&
chnls=11,24,80,52,53,&day=28&pnl=0

(without the line wrap), channels have to be present (although 0
switches each one off in the result) and there have to be 5 of them,
pnl=n selects what other panels you get, slice=0 selects 24-hour
starting at midnight (other values give different time 'slices',
experiment to find what they are). Channel number can be derived from
the select values in the source.

Chris C