Humax PVR 8000T

Old April 14th 04, 11:00 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Richard

Default Humax PVR 8000T

I understand that it may be possible to increase the HDD from 40MB to 160MB.
Has anyone done this yet?

Only had the kit for a month but so far reception etc. is rock solid . I use
it in conjunction with a Nokia 221T so I can watch one digital channel
whilst recording or replaying another, no need to wait for a twin
version:-))

Richard.

Old April 14th 04, 12:20 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:00:44 +0000, Richard wrote:

I understand that it may be possible to increase the HDD from 40MB to 160MB.
Has anyone done this yet?

I understand that the process is every bit as difficult and technical as
upgrading my Pace Twin.. i.e., you get a new hard drive, and plug it in
where the old one used to be :-)

The biggest difference, as I recall, is that you can use normal 3.5 inch
IDE drives, which are a lot cheaper than the small (size and capacity)
drives that the Twin needs.

HTH.

Otherwise, you could look around t'net... eg:

http://www.pvruk.com/2004/04/humax_pvr8000t_.html

--
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]

Old April 14th 04, 02:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Richard

"Ancipital" wrote in message
news
[...]

Whoo-Hoo! thanks for the good news and the link. Look out credit card and
Dabs Here we come :-))

Richard.

Old April 14th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:05:24 +0000, Richard wrote:

Whoo-Hoo! thanks for the good news and the link. Look out credit card and
Dabs Here we come :-))

You're very welcome, glad to be able to help :-)