Freeview PVR

Old April 12th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Graham in Melton

Default Freeview PVR

On 12/4/04 10:39 am, in article
, "Ed"
wrote:

T H Z wrote in message
t...
We have Sky+ and we want a Freeview PVR.

Greedy eh?

Now what is coming out and what will support a 7 day event EPG, a big
hard disk, twin tuners (or more) and either a CI or a SECA Cam? (Last
one is insurance to be honest.)

At the moment I do not think any of the PVRs available in Britain
support a CAM, those people say the PACE Twin could.
Out of interest if you have Sky+ why do you want a CAM on DTT?
My advice is that on the twin tuners or more wait for the Humax twin
to come out.
At the moment the best PVR is the Humax PVR 8000T, but that only has a
single tuner and 40gb hard disk, the 9000T will have a twin tuner and
a bigger hard disk.
For some bizarre reason manufacturers like to put 40gb hard disks into
PVRs.
My advice therefore would be to wait.

Or build your own out of a sff PC (small form factor) and add what you like
- Google build your own PVR