Pace Twin connections

Old April 4th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
P and H Macguire

Default Pace Twin connections

I'm thinking of buying a Pace Twin and wondered, is it possible to have
connected together TV, Sky box, VCR and Pace Twin so that everything is
accessible to everything else? Not very technical description, I know, but
hope meaning is clear.

If feasible, exactly how would the connections be made? (all have two
scarts)

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Old April 5th 04, 05:26 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jomtien

P and H Macguire wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a Pace Twin and wondered, is it possible to have
connected together TV, Sky box, VCR and Pace Twin so that everything is
accessible to everything else?
If feasible, exactly how would the connections be made? (all have two
scarts)

TV scart 1 = Digibox TV scart.
Digibox VCR scart = VCR scart 1.
TV scart 2 = Freeview TV scart.
Freeview VCR scart = VCR scart 2.

Press play to view a cassette. Select AV1 on VCR to record from Sky.
Select AV2 on VCR to record from Freeview. Other switching will be
automatic.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/yvnsy
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old April 5th 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 09:58:42 +0100, P and H Macguire wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a Pace Twin and wondered, is it possible to have
connected together TV, Sky box, VCR and Pace Twin so that everything is
accessible to everything else? Not very technical description, I know, but
hope meaning is clear.

If feasible, exactly how would the connections be made? (all have two
scarts)

The first big nono, is of course that the twin won't be able to record the
sky box. It doesn't do any analogue to digital conversion, just dumps mpeg
streams from the ether after some demodulation.

If all you're doing is looking to have all working on one tv, otoh, and
you don't have enough properly-wired scarts, a nice cheap switchbox can
work wonders. I have my game consoles on one, which means they share an
rgb-wired scart socket, and in principle, I am thinking of collaping more
devices together like this. It's cheap, low-tech and works.

--
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]