tv's makes a bang noise

Old April 3rd 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Pritesh

Default tv's makes a bang noise

2 tvs in my home and also my computer monitor make a bang noise
occasionally. Still the tv's works fine. Why does this happen ?
Old April 3rd 04, 03:59 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Vic

"Pritesh" wrote in message om...
2 tvs in my home and also my computer monitor make a bang noise
occasionally. Still the tv's works fine. Why does this happen ?

This happens sometimes, when the hamster inside fall out of his cage.

Old April 3rd 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
des

"Pritesh" wrote in message
om...
2 tvs in my home and also my computer monitor make a bang noise
occasionally. Still the tv's works fine. Why does this happen ?

It sounds like the Degause working, this usually happens when the TV/Monitor
has been off for a period of time, maybe 30 mins or more.

Nothing to worry about.

My IIyama Vision Master Pro makes quite a loud thump which can be quite
annoying.

Des.

Old April 4th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris Croughton

On 3 Apr 2004 07:32:06 -0800, Pritesh
wrote:

2 tvs in my home and also my computer monitor make a bang noise
occasionally. Still the tv's works fine. Why does this happen ?

If it's on switch-on, it's degaussing the tube. That means that it
applies a strong magnetic field, oscillating and gradually dying away,
to wipe out residual magnetism. VDUs can often be told to do it when
operating if they have an "on-screen" display (although how you get to
that option varies, the symbol often looks like a U with a bar through
it).

Because of the strong magnetic field, don't have video or cassette tapes
near the equipment at that time...

My TV only does it if it has been powered off (fully, not just standby)
for around 20 minutes or more. I had to call the TV company to find out
how to do it, because my TV normally sits in 'standby' and I was getting
colour creep (part of the screen was going green and purle, almost like
a bruise). If you turn your TV/monitors right off, it's likely that
they'll do it at power-on.

Chris C