Pace Twin

Old April 1st 04, 02:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ancipital

Default Pace Twin

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:37:22 +0100, Rod wrote:

I've had two Twins and both were faulty. Despite all the trouble I found
the twin useful, especially if you have young children to put to bed and
your fav soap is on. On the downside was the small hard disk. A few films
and a couple of docu-drama's and it would be full. I could get more on a 4hr
tape in extended play using our VCR. If they can improve this, fix the EPG
and possibly bring in dual record then they may have something. I'm now
waiting on the Fusion PVR which if according to the write up should fall
well within our needs. Personally in my own opinion I'd give the Twin a miss
and wait a couple more months.

Early twins were dogged by production problems. Newwer ones seem a lot
better. If you buy one from Argos, and it's faulty, they will cheerfully
change it before you even open your mouth, apparently.

I wouldn't know, all the twins i';ve come across have worked fine.

BTW, the hard drive is trivially upgradable, if you have a screwdriver and
a few minutes. Unlike tive-style boxes,it boots from flash and ROMs, so
a change of hard disk won't flummox it, you just initialise the new disk
and it's good to go.

--
http://www.buddhas.org is currently tqt- back soon.
[- ancipital attt hotmail dott cohm -]