Pace Twin versus ?

Old February 1st 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Graham W

Default Pace Twin versus ?

Been looking around and the Pace Twin does all I need. I've also observed it
seems to have a little more than it's fair share of problems (which my past
experience of Pace stuff means I'm not all that surprised).

Trouble is, I can't find another device out there that does the same. Any
suggestions? I don't need the facilities of the Tivo system as I don't watch
enough telly to justify it.

Thanks in advance,

Graham W

Old February 1st 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"Graham W" wrote in message
Been looking around and the Pace Twin does all I need. I've also observed

it
seems to have a little more than it's fair share of problems (which my

past
experience of Pace stuff means I'm not all that surprised).

Trouble is, I can't find another device out there that does the same. Any
suggestions? I don't need the facilities of the Tivo system as I don't

watch
enough telly to justify it.

This same question has come up before. Simply there is nothing in the
combination of Freeview and HDD in the same box except for the Humax 8000t.
The Humax is slightly cheaper and has more recording time but it is more of
a digital VCR than a PVR It only has a single tuner and won't record
radio. The Pace is on it's own at the moment for the features it has and
with the last software update does leave some bugs but for the most part
they aren't that intrusive for most of us. The biggest downside is probably
the small hard drive (changeable for around 100 quid) and slow EPG. If you
aren't in a rush for one, spring, maybe summer will bring around 2 more
boxes as competition.

Old February 1st 04, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Nick

"Brownie" wrote in message

"Graham W" wrote in message
[...]

At 198 the Pace is worth getting (and easily available from Argos)- even if
a better machine
comes out soon it won't be without its bugs.

Owned the Pace for two weeks now and it has already proved its worth
(girlfriend impressed!)
Twin should retain quite a bit of its value on eBay for at least the next
few months if it doesn't agree with you.