Help needed to split mpeg

Old January 30th 04, 07:58 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Escort

Default Help needed to split mpeg

I have a 1.2Gb mpeg and need to split it into 2 to record onto cd
anyone offer any help

newbie

Old January 30th 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Yannick

Escort wrote:
I have a 1.2Gb mpeg and need to split it into 2 to record onto cd
anyone offer any help

newbie

please do a google, I found loads of hits for an MPEG splitter

Old January 30th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Geoff Winkless

Yannick wrote:
Escort wrote:
I have a 1.2Gb mpeg and need to split it into 2 to record onto cd
anyone offer any help

newbie

please do a google, I found loads of hits for an MPEG splitter

I think a personal recommendation would be more useful he every one of
those available on the web which I used produced mpegs which were off-spec
and failed to burn correctly.

Geoff

Old January 30th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
QrizB

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:52:46 -0000, "Geoff Winkless"
] wrote:

Yannick wrote:
Escort wrote:
I have a 1.2Gb mpeg and need to split it into 2 to record onto cd
anyone offer any help

please do a google, I found loads of hits for an MPEG splitter

I think a personal recommendation would be more useful he every one of
those available on the web which I used produced mpegs which were off-spec
and failed to burn correctly.

If your original mpeg is compliant then TMPGEnc's MPEG tools will
split it into two (or more) compliant bits.

--
QrizB

be fooled.
Old February 4th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Richard

Mediaware's m2 edit product lets you decide on the split and even gives you
chapter suggestions.

Old February 5th 04, 10:02 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
One2Go

"Escort" wrote in news:[email protected]
gui.server.ntli.net:

I have a 1.2Gb mpeg and need to split it into 2 to record onto cd
anyone offer any help

newbie

Get BBMPeg from www.doom9.org it will allow you to split the file at a
place that doesn't interfer with the viewing pleasure.

One2Go