Hauppauge pvr 350 radio problems

Old January 28th 04, 11:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
SF

Default Hauppauge pvr 350 radio problems

I recently installed the care in my pc initially the fm worked fine (have it
connected to cable) then I noticed that it was not getting any signal and
had to restart it several times before it 'engaged' with the signal now its
not working at all in terms of giving out anything but hiss - there's
nothing wrong with either the cable connection or the signal quality just
wondering if anyone ever have any similar problems?

I was also wondering when you record from radio where does it save the
recordings and in what format? There does not seem to be any where to
configure this but maybe I am missing something very obvious. Thank you in
advance for any help you maybe able to offer

Old February 12th 04, 08:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Klaus-J. Eckardt

Hello,
after having bought and installed the PVR350 only 1 week ago I have the same
problem
with recording radio transmissions.
At the moment I know the following points (facts?):
- WInTV scheduler offers the source option Radio
- there seems to be no way to choose the target file where the recorded
transmission
should be saved
- WinTV scheduler starts WinRadio at the predefined time and uses
C:\Myvideos\LiveTV.mpg as file where the recorded date are stored
- this directory does not depend on the choice of directory done in WinTV2000

- the extension is mpg
- playing this file with WinDVD yields exactly 15 seconds of recorded data,
the same is true
when it is played with Media Player
- recording another radio transmission simply overwrites the previous one

If anybody knows more about the radio application and the various options and
the way how to
choose them please let me know.
My next step will be to contact the Hauppauge service in Germany.

Regards,
Klaus Eckardt
Munich, Germany

Old February 12th 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
SF

"Klaus-J. Eckardt" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for that - do you have any problem with the radio not taking the
signal from the connected aerial?

I have emailed hauppague support but to no avail

Old February 13th 04, 08:06 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Klaus-J. Eckardt

Hello,
for receiving radio transmissions I'm using a community antenna and not a cable
access - until now without problems.
Hauppauge itself is not very responsive to e-mail questions.
On the other hand their PVR350 card has been highly recommended by some German
PC periodicals in their issues during the last months when talking about PVR
configurations based on normal or specialized PCs.
I'll keep you informed about further results of my investigations.

Best regards,

Klaus Eckardt

Old February 17th 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Klaus-J. Eckardt

Hello,

on the website
http://registration.hauppauge.com/we...reproducts.asp
Hauppauge offers a special audio recorder for extra money.
I have bought it but it is not yet installed and tested.

Remark: it is almost impossible to find this site when browsing through Hauppauge's
official web sites.

Regards, Klaus Eckardt

Old February 18th 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Klaus-J. Eckardt

Hello,
after having installed the software I see that it is - only - good for recording
"running" radio transmissions.
Is it not intended to be a scheduler for radio recordings.
There must be other programs for that purpose which I have'nt found yet.
Does anybody have knowledge about such software running with PVR350?

Regards, Klaus