My slant on - Picture or Sound Loss for entire mux - bug with Pace Twin

Old January 26th 04, 05:00 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Moonshine

Default My slant on - Picture or Sound Loss for entire mux - bug with Pace Twin

There is already a reference to the loss of entire mux on the PaceTwin Bug web
site...

http://www.riscthis.net/pacetwin/bugs.html

I've had this occur a couple of time now, particularly with the ITV mux. This is
what I discovered the other night...

Signal strength is usually fine and the 2 other Freeview boxes in the house
never give a problem.

Went to watch ITV1 prog on Sunday and got no picture or Sound, same with C4.
Though occasionally tuning up and down C4 would show. Left it and watched the
Prog using analogue.

When I did some messing around found the Second Tuner was set to show ITV1. I
changed the channel on tuner 2 to something else, and hey presto I could now
show ITV1 on tuner 1 and also C4 no problem.

Seems like there is some adverse interaction between the tuners causing this.

Hope this gets fixed in any future release. I'm going to give them one more shot
at sorting these inexcusable bugs or the box goes back and I wait for something
else to appear.