Tivo and Oneforall 6 remote control

Old January 25th 04, 09:20 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
mojo

Default Tivo and Oneforall 6 remote control

Does anyone know if there is a Tivo code to input into the OFA 6,or do all
commands have to be learnt?.I understand there's a limited number of
commands that can be put into this universal remote.
Also how does this remote compare to the Cambridge M500 at a similar
price?.Any info gratefully received.

Old January 25th 04, 12:42 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
dg6dg6

"mojo" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there is a Tivo code to input into the OFA 6,or do all
commands have to be learnt?.I understand there's a limited number of
commands that can be put into this universal remote.
Also how does this remote compare to the Cambridge M500 at a similar
price?.Any info gratefully received.

Check out the support area of http://www.oneforall-int.com/index.html

With the info and features on the site, the tivo commands were easily added
to my OFA 6 remote (URC-7562) simply by holding the remote next to my PC
speakers - very impressive!

Old January 25th 04, 03:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
mojo

thanks for the message,but I cant find Tivo mentioned anywhere on that site.
Is it under VCR's-any tips appreciated

Old January 25th 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
dg6dg6

"mojo" wrote in message

"dg6dg6" wrote in message

"mojo" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there is a Tivo code to input into the OFA 6,or do

all
commands have to be learnt?.I understand there's a limited number of
commands that can be put into this universal remote.
Also how does this remote compare to the Cambridge M500 at a similar
price?.Any info gratefully received.

Check out the support area of http://www.oneforall-int.com/index.html

With the info and features on the site, the tivo commands were easily

added
to my OFA 6 remote (URC-7562) simply by holding the remote next to my PC
speakers - very impressive!

thanks for the message,but I cant find Tivo mentioned anywhere on that

site.
Is it under VCR's-any tips appreciated

There isn't a setup code for it. It'll be under the internet download
section of the support area. If my memory serves me right, it was listed as
a Thompson Tivo VCR.

In addition, I used the remote control "learn" function to set up a couple
of keys manually (eg: putting thumbs up & down on the green and red teletext
buttons).

Old January 26th 04, 06:24 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jomtien

dg6dg6 wrote:

There isn't a setup code for it. It'll be under the internet download
section of the support area. If my memory serves me right, it was listed as
a Thompson Tivo VCR.

I just called the 0800 service number and they downloaded it over the
phone. IIRC it was listed as a Thomson Digital VCR. If you give the
Thomson model number they will find it instantly.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/tez5
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old January 26th 04, 08:49 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
mojo

Thanks guys that was a piece of cake (via telephone-2 minutes)
Now I,ve just got to find which key does which.....!!!

"Jomtien" wrote in message
news

Old January 26th 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Carl Waring

dg6dg6 wrote:
"mojo" wrote in message

"dg6dg6" wrote in message

"mojo" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there is a Tivo code to input into the OFA
6,or do all commands have to be learnt?.I understand there's a
limited number of commands that can be put into this universal
remote.
Also how does this remote compare to the Cambridge M500 at a
similar price?.Any info gratefully received.

Check out the support area of
http://www.oneforall-int.com/index.html

With the info and features on the site, the tivo commands were
easily added to my OFA 6 remote (URC-7562) simply by holding the
remote next to my PC speakers - very impressive!

thanks for the message,but I cant find Tivo mentioned anywhere on
that site. Is it under VCR's-any tips appreciated

There isn't a setup code for it. It'll be under the internet download

There is. 0722.

You will also need these 'magic' codes for missing functions:
533 Aux
726 Instant Replay
377 Live TV
281 VCR
411 Enter/ Jump
245 Thumbs Down
377 Guide
474 Jump to Live
503 Thumbs Up
663 EXIT/Clear
630 Down
378 Left
632 Right
505 OK/Select
663 EXIT/Shift
728 SPEED/Slow
697 MENU Tivo
372 Up

--
C/-\R|_ \/\//-\R||\|G
Change colour to blue to reply

Old January 27th 04, 07:17 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jomtien

Carl Waring wrote:

There isn't a setup code for it. It'll be under the internet download

There is. 0722.

That's the code but it isn't contained in the default factory memory.
At least it wasn't on either of my models. Once downloaded (it goes in
the VCR memory group) it can be accessed by 0722 as you say.

Perhaps some OFA models have it by default?

Old January 27th 04, 09:27 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Carl Waring

Jomtien wrote:
Carl Waring wrote:

There isn't a setup code for it. It'll be under the internet
download

There is. 0722.

That's the code but it isn't contained in the default factory memory.
At least it wasn't on either of my models. Once downloaded (it goes in
the VCR memory group) it can be accessed by 0722 as you say.

Perhaps some OFA models have it by default?

Maybe the newer ones. Mine had to be phone-upgraded, too!