Pace Twin Problem

Old January 21st 04, 08:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ian G Batten

Default Pace Twin Problem

My wife mailed me (I left before her this morning) with the following
tale of woe:

Much to the children's annoyance, the digital box won't work. It was
showing "8" and wouldn't respond to any of the buttons on the digital
remote. I removed the power lead and plugged it back in again and
now the display is just showing alternaterly "------" and "intl" but
still doesn't respond to anything. The normal TV is OK. Any ideas?

Any ideas? From a distance, one cannot help suspecting the disk has
died. Three weeks old, so John Lewis can deal with it if there's a
problem.

ian

Old January 22nd 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris Croughton

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:55:16 +0000 (UTC), Ian G Batten
wrote:

My wife mailed me (I left before her this morning) with the following
tale of woe:

I just read that as "My wife left me (I had email from her this
morning)". I think I'm not awake, but am glad that it wasn't as bad as
I thought...

Any ideas? From a distance, one cannot help suspecting the disk has
died. Three weeks old, so John Lewis can deal with it if there's a
problem.

I'd say contact them anyway, as the first step.

Chris C
Old January 23rd 04, 12:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Neil Jones

wrote:

My wife mailed me (I left before her this morning) with the

following
tale of woe:

I just read that as "My wife left me (I had email from her this
morning)". I think I'm not awake, but am glad that it wasn't as bad

as
I thought...

That's odd. I initially read it as "My wife mailed me (I left her this
morning)..." and for a breif moment wondered why the children cared more
about their cartoons than the breakup of their family...

Old January 23rd 04, 12:33 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Simon Slavin

On 21/01/2004, Ian G Batten wrote in message [email protected]
out.ftel.co.uk:

Much to the children's annoyance, the digital box won't work. It was
showing "8" and wouldn't respond to any of the buttons on the digital
remote. I removed the power lead and plugged it back in again and
now the display is just showing alternaterly "------" and "intl" but
still doesn't respond to anything. The normal TV is OK. Any ideas?

Any ideas? From a distance, one cannot help suspecting the disk has
died.

Agreed. It's going through the 'INiTiaLisation' phase, failing the
self-test, then rebooting and trying it again. The most common cause
of failure is the hard disk not spinning up fast enough, since the
hard disk is the only moving part involved !

Simon.
--
Posted using test version of software.
Please tell me if anything isn't right.