Sky+ jump fwd in playback - query

Old January 21st 04, 10:08 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
TimK

Default Sky+ jump fwd in playback - query

On my Pace Twin I can step forward/backwards in 60 second jumps during
playback. This is great for missing out the adverts - 3/4 presses and
we're back with the programme.

Anyone know if you can do this on Sky+?

TimK
Old January 23rd 04, 11:17 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Peter Pratten

In article , TimK
writes
On my Pace Twin I can step forward/backwards in 60 second jumps during
playback. This is great for missing out the adverts - 3/4 presses and
we're back with the programme.

Anyone know if you can do this on Sky+?

Not in fixed steps like that. You can fast forward at several speeds,
you could easily overshoot if you used the x30 one!. I usually use the
x6 (or x12 for a while and slow it to x6 or x2 on approaching the end of
the break).

If you are intending to watch more than once then you can bookmark the
end of the breaks on first viewing. On subsequent viewings give a long
press on the fast forward button to jump to the bookmark. Bookmarks can
also be used to select a start point.
--
Peter Pratten
Please reply in group only
Old January 26th 04, 08:31 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
TimK

Peter Pratten wrote in message ...
In article , TimK
writes
On my Pace Twin I can step forward/backwards in 60 second jumps during
playback. This is great for missing out the adverts - 3/4 presses and
we're back with the programme.

Anyone know if you can do this on Sky+?

Not in fixed steps like that. You can fast forward at several speeds,
you could easily overshoot if you used the x30 one!. I usually use the
x6 (or x12 for a while and slow it to x6 or x2 on approaching the end of
the break).

I thought that was the case. Shame, perhaps the nice techies at Sky
could include it in the next update somehow.

If you are intending to watch more than once then you can bookmark the
end of the breaks on first viewing. On subsequent viewings give a long
press on the fast forward button to jump to the bookmark. Bookmarks can
also be used to select a start point.

Good idea that one. I did it when my cousin appeared on Corra so I
could show his (very proud!) Mum without watching the whole thing.

TimK