Skyplus - capacity of hard drive?

Old January 11th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Radiohead

Default Skyplus - capacity of hard drive?

Sky+ seems to be improving in leaps and bounds. I hear that it can now
record two programmes at once!

Does anyone know what the standard hard drive supplied with it is, and what
would be its capacity in terms of hours?

Is it as easy to upgrade the Sky+ drive as it is with a TiVo? (Not including
the horror of removing the TiVo case lol).

Old January 11th 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The dog from that film you saw

"Radiohead" wrote in message
Sky+ seems to be improving in leaps and bounds. I hear that it can now
record two programmes at once!

Does anyone know what the standard hard drive supplied with it is, and

what
would be its capacity in terms of hours?

Is it as easy to upgrade the Sky+ drive as it is with a TiVo? (Not

including
the horror of removing the TiVo case lol).

you can - in fact i'm sure i've read somewhere that it will do all the
formatting etc for you.
only bad thing is the space remaining gauge will now be useless.

--
Gareth
quote of the day

Old January 12th 04, 03:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Andrew Norman

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:13:13 GMT, "Radiohead"
wrote:

Does anyone know what the standard hard drive supplied with it is, and what
would be its capacity in terms of hours?

40Gb, roughly 20 hours (depends on the bitrate of the channel
recorded)
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old January 12th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
WorcsBoy

I think www.keshelectrics.co.uk do an upgrade service for sky plus as they
do for tivo.
For a 120gb Hard drive it is 112
Hope this helps.
Good company - I bought my Tivo HD from there.

Ad

Old January 13th 04, 06:21 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jomtien

WorcsBoy wrote:

I think www.keshelectrics.co.uk do an upgrade service for sky plus as they
do for tivo.
For a 120gb Hard drive it is 112

Anyone with two hands and a 2 torx security bit can change the Sky+
hard drive. It is the simplest task imaginable and requires no special
manipulations at all. Total cost: 80 or less.

Links in the FAQ.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/tez5
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----