Pace Twin HD contents viewable?

Old January 9th 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

Default Pace Twin HD contents viewable?

Anyone tried hooking up the hd to a pc and viewing the contents?
ive heard its a Linux filesystem, beyond that I know nothing.

Old January 9th 04, 07:39 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris p

nick wrote:
Anyone tried hooking up the hd to a pc and viewing the contents?
ive heard its a Linux filesystem, beyond that I know nothing.

so slap it in any pc and slap a knoppix cd in to see its contents
(knoppix boots and runs all from the cd, take out the cd and reboot
system is back to normal) :-)

Old January 9th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"nick" wrote in message
Anyone tried hooking up the hd to a pc and viewing the contents?
ive heard its a Linux filesystem, beyond that I know nothing.

Nick do you ever search Google? You seem to have a habit of repeating
questions that have been discussed before re this Pace you just got. I know
that I sound like I'm having a go but it's all there if you do a search. It
will also lead you to forums where many of these things are discussed in
detail.

Old January 10th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Martin Angove

In message ,
"nick" wrote:

"Chris p" wrote in message ...
nick wrote:
Anyone tried hooking up the hd to a pc and viewing the contents?
ive heard its a Linux filesystem, beyond that I know nothing.

so slap it in any pc and slap a knoppix cd in to see its contents
(knoppix boots and runs all from the cd, take out the cd and reboot
system is back to normal) :-)

yea but as this involves invalidating warranty ill wait for someone else
to do it first

Someone already has done it, and found a somewhat non-standard format.
Try searching in uk.tech.digital-tv for posts in the last two or three
months by Ian Clowes. ISTR he's even managed to get some MPEG data off
the disc.

I dare say there have been threads on others of the FOUR groups you
crossposted, too. A bit of time spent with Google should reap rewards.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... A)bort R)etry G)et a stick and kill it.
Old January 10th 04, 02:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Ian Clowes

Martin Angove wrote:

Someone already has done it, and found a somewhat non-standard format.
Try searching in uk.tech.digital-tv for posts in the last two or three
months by Ian Clowes. ISTR he's even managed to get some MPEG data off
the disc.

Hi

Yep, and I'm currently refining the process and working on a 'recipie'
for creating VCDs.

The disk format is something called AVFS, partition type E0. Its
registered, but undocumented publicly.

I'm also starting work on a website to share what I know and the
rudimentary tools that I'm building/using.

I really should get around to plugging into the serial port too to see
if it makes the whole job easier...

IanC

Old January 11th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

Following your logic no-one would be posting on Usenet but trawling Google's archive
for historical discussions. Usenet isn't 'read only'. Its not a bulletin board or your private forum.
Its repetitive by nature. If this antagonises you then you are too easily antagonised.

Old January 11th 04, 10:31 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"nick" wrote in message
Following your logic no-one would be posting on Usenet but trawling

Google's archive
for historical discussions. Usenet isn't 'read only'. Its not a bulletin

board or your private forum.
Its repetitive by nature. If this antagonises you then you are too easily

antagonised.

Ah, a real Mr Logic from Viz.

No, as another poster has also said to you, many of your questions are
repeats of recently discussed issues. Many of your answers could easily be
found with some simple searches of Google or even looking back just a day or
two of newsgroup posts. I didn't say anything about being antogonised, I
have a far too balanced life to have such trivia concern me to that degree.
Part of my post was to be helpful to you, but simply you can stick it up
your ar*e for all I care really.

Old January 12th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

Would that other poster be you? I think it might.
I always search forums and use Usenet as a last resort when it comes to obscure
technical matters such as 'what filesystem is this pace twinview hd using'. I didn't find anything on digitalspy
or AV forums.
Btw nothing in your original post could be construed as 'help'.

Old January 12th 04, 03:57 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

If posting a question here is lazy then what are you doing here?

"Kurt Hamster" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:31:55 -0000, nick used
to say...

Following your logic no-one would be posting on Usenet but trawling Google's archive
for historical discussions. Usenet isn't 'read only'. Its not a bulletin board or your private forum.
Its repetitive by nature. If this antagonises you then you are too easily antagonised.

As opposed to being too lazy to do research first and expecting others
to save you the trouble?

Not to mention one's propensity for giving the answer before the
question.