Suggested enhancements to Pace Twin Freeview PVR

Old January 9th 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
TW

Default Suggested enhancements to Pace Twin Freeview PVR

"Moonshine" wrote in message
I've had Pace Twin Freeview box for a few weeks now but have waited until

the
new software load was available to see what that brought before making a

few
suggestions for improvments that I think could be made to the software to
enhance the user experience.

You've covered my main gripe (editing / snipping), so here's a minor one

To select what is displayed on the front panel (I'd rather always have the
time there)

oh, and is there a way of getting it to switch off after recording, it seems
to if it was off when recording started but not if, say, I am watching BBC1
and recording ITV, if I go to bed before the recording finishes, its still
on in the morning.

Trev.

Old January 10th 04, 11:18 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Alby

snip
oh, and is there a way of getting it to switch off after recording, it

seems
to if it was off when recording started but not if, say, I am watching

BBC1
and recording ITV, if I go to bed before the recording finishes, its still
on in the morning.

Trev.

Why not just power down when you have finished watching?
This does not stop current recordings (although it did in an earlier
software release).
Do you have the latest software?

Alby

Old January 10th 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
TW

"Alby" wrote in message

snip
oh, and is there a way of getting it to switch off after recording, it

seems
to if it was off when recording started but not if, say, I am watching

BBC1
and recording ITV, if I go to bed before the recording finishes, its

still
on in the morning.

Trev.

Why not just power down when you have finished watching?
This does not stop current recordings (although it did in an earlier
software release).
Do you have the latest software?

Ah, I'll give that a try (only got the software this week), it didn't work
before.

Cheers.

Trev.

Old January 14th 04, 10:01 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
TimK

"
oh, and is there a way of getting it to switch off after recording, it seems
to if it was off when recording started but not if, say, I am watching BBC1
and recording ITV, if I go to bed before the recording finishes, its still
on in the morning.

I bought mine during the Xmas break and so just got the latest
software (v1.7.55). It will now go into semi-shutdown if recording,
i.e. it switches off the output to TV1 and the display goes to a
'bright' clock. On full shutdown the clock goes dim. Conversely, if
the box is off when a recording starts the output to TV1 does not come
on unless the power button is pressed.

TimK