Suggested enhancements to Pace Twin Freeview PVR

Old January 9th 04, 01:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod

Default Suggested enhancements to Pace Twin Freeview PVR

9) How about the ability to see picture in picture when selecting TV2. This
would be a real seller in my books.

10) Yes I know some have said its not possible and others it is but I'd love
the ability to record two items and watch a seperate recording at the same
time.

11) How about mpeg facilities on tuner 2 so that you could at least record
subtitles.

I wonder if the new Twin Ultimate will support any of these features and
thus leave us loyal Puma owners (test dummies) to loose out.
Rod

Old January 10th 04, 09:05 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod

12) When changing channel Id like to see the title of the programe currently
on that channel momentarily displayed as it is with Sky Digiboxes. This
would save me having to press the info button each time I up a channel. I'd
use the guide button but as previously mentioned it removes sound and
picture plus its dead slow on the uptake.

13) Save the guide to flash when switched on for the fist time that day,
week etc

Rod

Old January 14th 04, 02:48 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Moonshine

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:05:28 -0000, "Rod" wrote:

12) When changing channel Id like to see the title of the programe currently
on that channel momentarily displayed as it is with Sky Digiboxes. This
would save me having to press the info button each time I up a channel. I'd
use the guide button but as previously mentioned it removes sound and
picture plus its dead slow on the uptake.

Yes again the Daewoo does this just momentarily bringing up the Station Name and
name of current program.

13) Save the guide to flash when switched on for the fist time that day,
week etc

Certainly some means of caching the guide info would be a good idea, as it is
rather slow to fill up.

Rod

At the moment I'm a bit narked with the choppy sound when Archiving via TV2/VCR
SCART bug.

Old January 15th 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Ashby

"Rod" wrote in message
12) When changing channel Id like to see the title of the programe

currently
on that channel momentarily displayed as it is with Sky Digiboxes. This
would save me having to press the info button each time I up a channel.

I'd
use the guide button but as previously mentioned it removes sound and
picture plus its dead slow on the uptake.

When the info is displayed, use the CH+ and CH- buttons to change channels.
This changes the channel, but keeps the info displayed.

Old January 15th 04, 01:45 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Moonshine

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:15:46 -0000, "Chris Ashby"
wrote:

"Rod" wrote in message
12) When changing channel Id like to see the title of the programe

currently
on that channel momentarily displayed as it is with Sky Digiboxes. This
would save me having to press the info button each time I up a channel.

I'd
use the guide button but as previously mentioned it removes sound and
picture plus its dead slow on the uptake.

When the info is displayed, use the CH+ and CH- buttons to change channels.
This changes the channel, but keeps the info displayed.

Trouble with that is the whole info panel is show obliterating the lower 3rd of
the screen and the info button needs to be pressed again to get rid of it.

The way other boxes do it (and to my mind the right way) is to automatically
briefly show just the channel ident and Program name (without the rest of the
info) when you change channel. No extra key presses are needed then and only a
small portion of the screen is used.
Old January 15th 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham W

wrote:

"Rod" wrote in message
[...]

On the Panny TU-CT20 the period that the info box persists is user
settable so it does what you say. I extended mine from the 2 secs
default to 6 secs so that I had a chance to find and press the buttons
which were active in 'info' mode until I had learned what each do.

Question: On said box above, is there a reason that the RF output
channel which I have preset at RF Ch66 should come up somewhere
different each time I do a scan but remain on the new frequency until the
next scan?

And what is the difference between LCN 9 - Teletext and
LCN 54 - Teletext?

--
Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ XP1800+ Page added, Graphics Tutorial