Pace Twin software upgrade

Old January 8th 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

Default Pace Twin software upgrade

There's one going out now, until Friday 9am. Having trouble getting it to update, keeps
saying no new version available.

Old January 8th 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

make that until Sunday

Old January 8th 04, 09:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Craig Pickles

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:14:06 -0000, "nick" wrote:

There's one going out now, until Friday 9am. Having trouble getting it to update, keeps
saying no new version available.

According to Pace "This is a repeat of previous downloads and will
provide access to digital teletext and interactive services."

Your machine will ignore this update if it already has is. Maybe this
is the case with yours? If you see Teletext on channel 9 then you have
this update.

Cheers

Craig
Old January 8th 04, 09:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Tony Briscoe

"nick" wrote in message
There's one going out now, until Friday 9am. Having trouble getting it to

update, keeps
saying no new version available.

Just got the software upgrade 10.30am. I was expecting to receive an on
screen message about the update, but I had to go to Menu/Software Updates/
and select to update manually. The software was updated successfully. Have
now got all the interactive/teletext services. The quality of the picture
seems to be better, i.e.. sharper. Or is that just wishful thinking........

Tony Briscoe

Old January 8th 04, 10:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

No I had March software, new box from Argos.
Updated on the 6th attempt. Picture seems better. Text works
but not on radio channels which is irritating. Doesn't make sense.
obvious bug - News multiscreen sound goes off if you select bottom screen.

oh yea, where are subtitles?

Old January 8th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris Ashby

It's a repeat download.

"nick" wrote in message
make that until Sunday

Old January 8th 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

Not a repeat for those who've bought boxes over Xmas.

"Chris Ashby" wrote in message ...
It's a repeat download.

"nick" wrote in message
make that until Sunday

Old January 8th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
ChrisM

"HI, I'm nick. You may remember me from postings such as...
No I had March software, new box from Argos.
Updated on the 6th attempt. Picture seems better. Text works
but not on radio channels which is irritating. Doesn't make sense.
obvious bug - News multiscreen sound goes off if you select bottom
screen.

oh yea, where are subtitles?

subtitles on the button below 9

text works ok on radio stations here

Old January 8th 04, 01:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

you mean you don't get the RADIO RADIO RADIO screensaver
but the proper individual screen for each station?

Old January 8th 04, 04:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"Tony Briscoe" wrote in message

"nick" wrote in message
There's one going out now, until Friday 9am. Having trouble getting it

update, keeps
saying no new version available.

Just got the software upgrade 10.30am. I was expecting to receive an on
screen message about the update, but I had to go to Menu/Software Updates/
and select to update manually. The software was updated successfully. Have
now got all the interactive/teletext services. The quality of the picture
seems to be better, i.e.. sharper. Or is that just wishful

thinking........

No, it is sharper as some boxes had a soft centre screen originally.

This is my second twin. On this occasion the update was 1st attempt, last
box took 4.