Tivo subscription

Old December 28th 03, 05:28 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Shaddax

Default Tivo subscription

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the thing
that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is how to hack
the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to post??

Stephen

Old December 28th 03, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Trendy Uncle

Shaddax wrote:

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the thing
that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is how to hack
the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to post??

Stephen

New to the world of Tivo but obviously not new to the world of thievery.
Pay for the bloody sevice like the rest of us. How do you expect the
service to continue if people don't pay?

Anyway AFAIK it can't be done. I think you'll be lucky not to get an
abuse complaint to for this.

Have a nice day :-)

Patrick

Old December 28th 03, 07:35 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Peter Bell

In message
"Shaddax" wrote:

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the
thing that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is
how to hack the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription. I will assume
it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to post??

I pay for mine, why shouldn't you do the same?

Old December 28th 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Simon Heather

"Shaddax" wrote in message
Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the

thing
that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is how to

hack
the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to post??

Why not shoplift some of your weekly groceries thus saving yourself the £10
for the TiVo subscription.

- Simon.

Old December 28th 03, 08:19 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Dave Walker

"Shaddax" wrote in message
Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the

thing
that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is how to

hack
the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to post??

Stephen

Actually nobody wants to know, every Tivo owner seems happy to pay £10 /
month, including me.
You could sell your Tivo and buy a pace twin from Argos, £200 no
subscription, rubbish in comparison.

Old December 29th 03, 04:06 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Fruit Pie the Magician

In article ,
"Shaddax" wrote:

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the thing
that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is how to hack
the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to post??

Stephen

Doing so is only appropriate if you stole your unit in the first placeŠ
Since the vast majority of TiVo customers realize that TiVo, Inc. exists
based on the subscription fees (and thus we'd like them to be able to
continue to exist), we do not condone nor even investigate this topic.

So if you didn't knock over an electronics store to get your hardware,
why is it okay for you to virtually screw companies on the backend?
Old December 29th 03, 07:40 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
gill107

"Trendy Uncle" wrote in message
Shaddax wrote:

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the

thing
that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is how to

hack
the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to

post??

Stephen

-------------------------------
You must have been one of the idiots who got On(ITV)-Digital closed down
with your tricks costing the companies ie shareholders a huge amount of
money.
Turning your attention to Tivo now are we?

Hope you don't succeed, I was a Granada shareholder!

Old December 29th 03, 11:16 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Marcus 'Dr' Dee

"Shaddax" wrote in
:

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the
thing that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is

Please explain how the logical inferrence of nobody asking can be that
everyone wants to know.

--
DoctorDee
Old December 29th 03, 06:04 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Mike Gayler

"Shaddax" writed in
:

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the
thing that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is
how to hack the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to
post??

Stephen

There's one very simple way of avoiding the monthly subscription - get a
lifetime sub.

err... just a thought - why have I never seen this questin before if
'everyone' wants to know. Maybe, just maybe, that Tivo is one of life's
few bargains.

Mike - Leicester

Old December 29th 03, 07:55 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Robert B

"Mike Gayler" wrote in message
. 115...
"Shaddax" writed in
:

Hi, well although I'm new to the world of Tivo it seems to me that the
thing that everyone really wants to know, but nobody seems to ask, is
how to hack the Tivo so as not to pay the subscription.
I will assume it is possible, so any ideas, anyone brave enough to
post??

Stephen

There's one very simple way of avoiding the monthly subscription - get a
lifetime sub.

err... just a thought - why have I never seen this questin before if
'everyone' wants to know. Maybe, just maybe, that Tivo is one of life's
few bargains.

Mike - Leicester

Most TiVo posts thats been o here for a while, good to know that theres
still a few about