TIVO problem - Slow & "Failed. Unknown Error.."

Old December 26th 03, 01:15 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
JB

Default TIVO problem - Slow & "Failed. Unknown Error.."

Hi all....

After having my TIVO for 6 months.. it's finally beginning to have
problems... Anyone got any ideas...??

It's very s-l-o-w to navigate around menus.. and in the last week it's
started to fail sometimes on it's daily call, getting "Failed. Unknown
Error" during "Preparing.." stage & before it starts dialling...

Looked through Tivo Community forum but couldn't find a clear reason.. Hope
it's not my HD...

Temperature's fine and it's unhacked. Done a System Restart with little
improvement..

Any help appreciated...

JB

Old December 26th 03, 04:19 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Stephen M Baines

Previously, JB wrote

Looked through Tivo Community forum but couldn't find a clear reason.. Hope
it's not my HD...

If it's going to be anything, personally I'd hope it *is* the hard disc
- they are easily replaced, and is the single easiest thing to fix that
can go wrong with a Tivo. It's really not something to have kittens
about.
--
Stephen M Baines http://www.motorsport.org.uk

"His body's not that bad - sometimes the towel falls down, it's very good!"
Craig Pollock on Jacques Villeneuve
Old December 27th 03, 06:34 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jomtien

Stephen M Baines wrote:

If it's going to be anything, personally I'd hope it *is* the hard disc
- they are easily replaced, and is the single easiest thing to fix that
can go wrong with a Tivo.

I agree fully.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/tez5
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old December 28th 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Dave Walker

Temperature's fine and it's unhacked. Done a System Restart with little
improvement..

Is that a proper system restart - i.e erases all programmes, all tuning
settings, everything?

Mine is getting real slow to navigate, its (probably) due to all the season
passes (or whatever thay are called) it has set, over 100, since I never
really do any housekeeping. Last time I just put it back to factory
initialise, tuned it all in again and it all was back as new.

Dave

Old January 17th 04, 05:04 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
JB

"Dave Walker" wrote in message
Temperature's fine and it's unhacked. Done a System Restart with little
improvement..

Is that a proper system restart - i.e erases all programmes, all tuning
settings, everything?

** Yep... did a proper restart as above. Got slightlty better.. but now
getting worse...

Mine is getting real slow to navigate, its (probably) due to all the

season
passes (or whatever thay are called) it has set, over 100, since I never
really do any housekeeping. Last time I just put it back to factory
initialise, tuned it all in again and it all was back as new.

** I wish..!