Pace Twin owners - Help!

Old December 25th 03, 09:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Damo

Default Pace Twin owners - Help!

Hi,

I got a response from Pace the annoying audio problem.

I had tried two units from Argos both exhibiting this problem and got a
refund. I really want a Twin DVR but don't want to have to send it straight
back to Pace to sort a problem out that should not have been there from the
beginning.

Anyway....Pace have told me the problem was fixed from week 33 and any Pace
boxes with a higher serial number of X603007S23XXXXXX will already have the
improvement.

My last Pace box had the serial of X603007S32500XXX and the problem was
there. It wasn't that loud but I have nothing to compare it too.

Now the boxes are 200 I really want one!!!

Does anyone have a Pace Twin that has not been sent back and sounds okay and
if so whats the serial number?

I'm tempted to see if I can find one again.

Thanks,

Damian

Old December 27th 03, 10:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Phil Clarke

Damo wrote:

Now the boxes are 200 I really want one!!!

good price. Go on, you deserve it, it is the time of goodwill to
shopkeepers and AV systems everywhere.

Does anyone have a Pace Twin that has not been sent
back and sounds okay and if so whats the serial number?

mine has always sounded fine. Cant get the s/n right now, but I bought
it about October (it had the March revision of software) and got the
December software update.

I'd be suprised if any with pre-March software are still on the shelves.

Phil

Old December 27th 03, 06:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Damo

Thanks Phil,

Nipped to Argos today. Checked the serial no., reserved and had to pop back
as I forgot my Argos card (arrgghhh! two 20 minute queues!) but lucky I did
as they sold out that day!!

Seems okay at the moment. Only a slight "whirring" noise present and the
optical out is fine.

Roll on the updated software.

Damian

Old January 4th 04, 08:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Richard Watkinson

In message
"Damo" wrote:

[...]

I have a Twin,serial number X603007S30700xxx, which is connected to my Hi-Fi via the audio phono sockets and I have not noticed any problems with the sound other than two recordings when there was none at all, except when previewing from the library.

I had to watch Corra Norra in the tiny window from the library screen but the sound was still in perfect stereo. The other occasion was a much longer recording and the sound eventually appeared after about 20 minutes in normal playback.

My partner has just bought a Twins from Argos at 198, serial number X603007S34500xxx.

It has not been connected to a Hi-Fi but sounds fine on her TV via the SCART connector. Perhaps not the best test and it has the March 2003 software.

Richard Watkinson
A kitten is for life...
Old January 6th 04, 01:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

don't buy it. got mine today and its going back ASAP!
picture is crap compared to my Daewoo setpal. 16:9 is just out of focus, that's all
there is to it. no interactive either. pictures are more pixellated *especially* when there's
movement. not to mention the other 500 bugs with it.

Old January 6th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Alec Spence

"nick" wrote:
don't buy it. got mine today and its going back ASAP!
picture is crap compared to my Daewoo setpal. 16:9 is just out of focus, that's all
there is to it. no interactive either. pictures are more pixellated *especially* when there's
movement. not to mention the other 500 bugs with it.

Hold on to it until the weekend at least, as you're still on the
original software version and an update is being broadcast from Thu to
Sun. This will fix the out of focus picture and give you interactive
stuff as well as fixing a bundle of other bugs.

Then decide whether or not the remaining :-0 bugs are still as show
stopping...
Old January 6th 04, 05:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

Not sure that I can wait, have to return it within a week. Are you absolutely sure it'll fix the out of focus thing?
from what ive
just heard the update to be released is the October one. just had another weird thing happen, the volume dipped while
watching C4.

Old January 7th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Alec Spence

"nick" wrote:
Not sure that I can wait, have to return it within a week. Are you absolutely sure it'll fix the out of focus thing?
from what ive just heard the update to be released is the October one.

Yup, it will fix the out of focus picture. Give it until tomorrow and
then decide...
Old January 8th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

well its sort of fixed it. I thought it had fixed it until I watched parliament on TV
and blunkett's face was out of focus to the right.

Old January 9th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Willie

"nick" wrote:

well its sort of fixed it. I thought it had fixed it until I watched
parliament on TV and blunkett's face was out of focus to the right.

NaH! That's the way he looks :-)