grundig 199 dvd recorder

Old December 18th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

Default grundig 199 dvd recorder

this any good? does +rw only.

Old December 18th 03, 04:26 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

DVDR550 DVDR is the model

"nick" wrote in message ...
this any good? does +rw only.

Old December 18th 03, 05:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"nick" wrote in message
.. .
DVDR550 DVDR is the model

Do a search on Google it's been discussed before.

Old December 18th 03, 06:37 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

not in this group it hasn't.

Old December 18th 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"nick" wrote in message
not in this group it hasn't.

Oh sorry...the information is there but it just wasn't in this group. It
was in the home-cinema group as the Grundig isn't a PVR anyway. Oh well.

Old December 19th 03, 03:02 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
nick

well i looked on google, it was mentioned once on usenet...

Old December 19th 03, 07:08 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"nick" wrote in message
Well, I looked on Google, it was mentioned once on Usenet.

I thought there was a discussion and a link to a discussion in the forums -
check again. Basically someone suggested it was a rebadged version of
another, the Mustek I think. My thoughts were for another 20-30 quid, I
bought a Philips DVDR70 which I find very good quality, has reasonable
connectivity and does what I needed it to (i.e. I wanted +R and don't need
firewire etc.). My guess is all will drop in the new year, but I wouldn't
be suprised to see that Grundig in a newspape ad at 169! Personally I feel
happier ith my Philips as it is widely known and has a website where
firmware may appear etc.

Old December 19th 03, 04:43 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"nick" wrote in message
does yours have videoplus? whatever I get has to have that.

Yes. Before you buy you should check out the price of the discs and think
how you plan to archive material. My system works great in combination of
having a hard drive recorder and also a computer dvd reader and writer. If
you haven't got those things you need to work out which format of discs
suits you best and what they will cost you. If you are looking for a brand
name on the High Street you will pay probably 50 quid more for a Philips or
the Panasonic over the Grundig (or similar Mico) you mention at 199. I'd
guess within the week at the start of the sales Boxing Day at Curry's etc.
you will see some reductions though. Unfortunately the purchase of these
products doesn't increase the quality of tv programmes!