Eurosport/Tivo/Guide data

Old December 17th 03, 01:11 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Iain Miller

Default Eurosport/Tivo/Guide data

I'm On NTL cable - does anyone else find Tivo's guide data bears no
resemblance to what's actually on Eurosport? More often than not what I
asked it to record is not showing & I get an hour of "yoof" football or
showjumping instead of the motorsport stuff I wanted......I suspect ts more
likely Eurosports fault but has anyone else noticed this?

tgds

Iain

Old December 17th 03, 09:10 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Wills

"Iain Miller" wrote:

I'm On NTL cable - does anyone else find Tivo's guide data bears no
resemblance to what's actually on Eurosport? More often than not what I asked
it to record is not showing & I get an hour of "yoof" football or showjumping
instead of the motorsport stuff I wanted......I suspect ts more likely
Eurosports fault but has anyone else noticed this?

The difference is, I think, between Eurosport and British Eurosport.
If you compare Eurosport as in Radio Times with Eurosport as in their teletext
(Page 300) that may be the answer.

Old December 17th 03, 11:38 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris Croughton

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:11:04 -0000, Iain Miller
wrote:

I'm On NTL cable - does anyone else find Tivo's guide data bears no
resemblance to what's actually on Eurosport? More often than not what
I asked it to record is not showing & I get an hour of "yoof" football
or showjumping instead of the motorsport stuff I wanted......I suspect
ts more likely Eurosports fault but has anyone else noticed this?

Note the difference between "Eurosport" and "Eurosport UK", they aren't
the same. Check that you have the right one selected. (Possibly TiVo
doesn't have the right one selected.) Note that chanel assignments are
different in 'core' NTL areas and in ex-C&W ones, I don't know what TiVo
does about that.

I've noticed recently that on several channels NTL haven't even got
their "Now and Next" information right. Digiguide usually have the
right information, but some channels can be flaky (there was a month
when Sky pushed out the previous month's programme info to everyone, so
both Digiguide and NTL's guides had it wrong most of the month).

Unfortunately when the providers give out dud data there's nothing any
of the EPG providers can do about it. They would love it if the
providers got it right...

Chris C
Old December 18th 03, 08:47 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Geoff Winkless

Chris Croughton wrote:
Note that chanel assignments are different in 'core' NTL areas

Is that what they meant when they told me "NTL stinks"?

Old December 19th 03, 07:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris Croughton

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:47:02 -0000, Geoff Winkless
[email protected][ wrote:

Chris Croughton wrote:
Note that chanel assignments are different in 'core' NTL areas

Is that what they meant when they told me "NTL stinks"?

Ouch. For some reason recently I've had trouble with typing double
letters. I'd like to blame the keyboard...

Chris C