Upcoming Pace Twin upgrade

Old December 12th 03, 05:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Keith D Pipex

Default Upcoming Pace Twin upgrade

Hi all (sounds kinda hillbilly),
As there is an approaching upgrade for the Pace Twin I thought I'd ask a
question - do I simply connect the aerial lead and wait ? Is the upgrade
being constantly broadcast and do I have to intervene with the remote at any
stage. The damn thing isn't controlled by Tivo so it isn't normally plugged
in, in fact it's still in it's box.

Thanks for any help,
Keith

Old December 12th 03, 05:57 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Patrick Navin

Keith D Pipex wrote:

Hi all (sounds kinda hillbilly),
As there is an approaching upgrade for the Pace Twin I thought I'd ask a
question - do I simply connect the aerial lead and wait ? Is the upgrade
being constantly broadcast and do I have to intervene with the remote at any
stage. The damn thing isn't controlled by Tivo so it isn't normally plugged
in, in fact it's still in it's box.

You'll need to have the box plugged in and connected. The upgrade
*usually* starts at 10am on the Monday. Tune to a BBC channel and you'll
get a message telling you the upgrade is available (may take a while to
appear). You'll need to follow the onscreen prompts from there.

--
Patrick

"I did the grabs via a Duomix61 grabber as used by 'security sources'"
"I never grabbed them on a PC mate -they went via IE56575 to a fancy
technical thingie grabber -or something" - un-named Video capture 'expert'

Old December 12th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Brownie

"Patrick Navin" wrote in message
Keith D Pipex wrote:

Hi all (sounds kinda hillbilly),
As there is an approaching upgrade for the Pace Twin I thought I'd ask a
question - do I simply connect the aerial lead and wait ? Is the

upgrade
being constantly broadcast and do I have to intervene with the remote at

any
stage. The damn thing isn't controlled by Tivo so it isn't normally

plugged
in, in fact it's still in it's box.

You'll need to have the box plugged in and connected. The upgrade
*usually* starts at 10am on the Monday. Tune to a BBC channel and you'll
get a message telling you the upgrade is available (may take a while to
appear). You'll need to follow the onscreen prompts from there.

I've never seen an upgrade before but it says from the 13th - 15th so
presumably rather than Monday they start transmitting sometime on Saturday.

Old December 12th 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Adrian Chapman

In article , Brownie
wrote:

've never seen an upgrade before but it says from the 13th - 15th so
presumably rather than Monday they start transmitting sometime on Saturday.

10:00 on Saturday to 09:00 Monday. Just got my Pace Twin today so
anxious to not miss the update.

You might find this link useful

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/www.dt...retailer/_menu.
html+cgi-bin/download_schedule.pl+Engineering%20Channel%20Downl oad&20Sch
edule

--
Adrian

"Theory and practice are the same in theory, but different in practice"
Old December 12th 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Vic

"Adrian Chapman" wrote in message
fuge.co.uk...

10:00 on Saturday to 09:00 Monday. Just got my Pace Twin today so
anxious to not miss the update.

You might find this link useful

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/www.dt...retailer/_menu.
html+cgi-bin/download_schedule.pl+Engineering%20Channel%20Downl oad&20Sch
edule

According to the DTG website, this update is a repeat of a previous one, rather
than a new one.

The Pace web page at www.pacefreetoview.co.uk/02ee.asp does not mention this.

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow.

Old December 13th 03, 12:17 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Simon Slavin

In article .co.uk,
Adrian Chapman wrote:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/www.dt...retailer/_menu.
html+cgi-bin/download_schedule.pl+Engineering%20Channel%20Downl oad&20Sch
edule

Shorter URL for the same thing:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/download_schedule.pl

Old December 13th 03, 08:36 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Adrian Chapman

In article , Vic
wrote:

According to the DTG website, this update is a repeat of a previous one,
rather
than a new one.

But still newer than the version that came with my Twin.

Old December 13th 03, 09:49 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Keith D Pipex

"Simon Slavin" @localhost wrote in message
In article .co.uk,
Adrian Chapman wrote:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/www.dt...retailer/_menu.
html+cgi-bin/download_schedule.pl+Engineering%20Channel%20Downl oad&20Sch
edule

Shorter URL for the same thing:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/download_schedule.pl

Wahaay ... got it this morning. Thanks for the advice guys 'n' gals.