Connections advice needed

Old November 30th 03, 10:56 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
DB

Default Connections advice needed

Don't know if I'm in the right newsgroup. Apologies if not. I have just
bought a new computer that is capable of recording TV programs etc. I have
also been given a freeview box which I want to connect up to the computer
but I'm not sure how to do it. Normally the ariel goes into the back of the
freeview box and then a scart lead comes out and connects to the telly. Can
anyone advise me what connections I would need to connect it up to my
computer. Presumeably if I get the right connectors Iwill be able to use my
computer as a recorder.
Many thanks
Dave

Old November 30th 03, 11:26 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The dog from that film you saw

"DB" wrote in message
Don't know if I'm in the right newsgroup. Apologies if not. I have just
bought a new computer that is capable of recording TV programs etc. I have
also been given a freeview box which I want to connect up to the computer
but I'm not sure how to do it. Normally the ariel goes into the back of

the
freeview box and then a scart lead comes out and connects to the telly.

Can
anyone advise me what connections I would need to connect it up to my
computer. Presumeably if I get the right connectors Iwill be able to use

my
computer as a recorder.
Many thanks
Dave

depends what the input is on your pc - s-video, composite etc.
if the pc takes s-video best would be a scart to s-video lead plus audio -
shouldn't be too hard to find.

--
Gareth
quote of the day