Lazy post - TiVo codes for Pace Twin

Old November 28th 03, 06:11 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Keith D Pipex

Default Lazy post - TiVo codes for Pace Twin

Hi all,
This post is a bit lazy - sorry. I've just taken delivery of one of the
Pace/Puma Twin tuner freeview boxes. I've spent 20 minutes on hold to TiVo
(and given up) after not managing to get any of the IR codes to work. Does
anyone out there have the codes for this unit and let me know them ?

Thanks,
Keith

Old November 29th 03, 10:21 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Norman

"Keith D Pipex" munged @ munged . com wrote in message
Hi all,
This post is a bit lazy - sorry. I've just taken delivery of one of

the
Pace/Puma Twin tuner freeview boxes. I've spent 20 minutes on hold to

TiVo
(and given up) after not managing to get any of the IR codes to work.

Does
anyone out there have the codes for this unit and let me know them ?

Thanks,
Keith

AFAIK, the Pace Twin isn't supported by TiVo.

Norman

---

Old November 29th 03, 02:29 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Keith D Pipex

"Norman" wrote in message

"Keith D Pipex" munged @ munged . com wrote in message
Hi all,
This post is a bit lazy - sorry. I've just taken delivery of one of

the
Pace/Puma Twin tuner freeview boxes. I've spent 20 minutes on hold to

TiVo
(and given up) after not managing to get any of the IR codes to work.

Does
anyone out there have the codes for this unit and let me know them ?

Thanks,
Keith

AFAIK, the Pace Twin isn't supported by TiVo.

Norman

---

Ahh. Damn :-( A call to TiVo customer services is in order ... I'll brave
the queues.
It is something similar to the Pace Telewest problem or is it simply that
they haven't updated their codes yet ?

Cheers,
Keith

Old November 29th 03, 03:17 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Keith D Pipex

"Norman" wrote in message

[...]

Hi again Norman,
Yep, you're quite correct. Not supported as yet. They've taken my
details but can't promise anything.

Keith

Old November 30th 03, 11:15 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Norman

"Keith D Pipex" munged @ munged . com wrote in message

Hi again Norman,
Yep, you're quite correct. Not supported as yet. They've taken my
details but can't promise anything.

Keith

It would be handy if they did sort this out but we best not hold our breath!
I bought the Pace on the assumption that the codes would be the same as a
standard Pace box but obviously that wasn't the case, we can but hope!

Norman

Old December 1st 03, 03:51 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Tony Hoyle

"Norman" wrote in message ...

It would be handy if they did sort this out but we best not hold our breath!
I bought the Pace on the assumption that the codes would be the same as a
standard Pace box but obviously that wasn't the case, we can but hope!

If you ask on the tivo community forum it's possible there's an IR
slice file to do it already. In the past all they've needed to
support a box is the Pronto codes for it.

Tony
Old December 4th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Edward

What do you need codes for it to do?
The pace twin is "nearly" a tivo on its own. It doesn't have a full epg yet
or automatic series recording, but part of the attraction of the device, to
me, was that there are no additional charges for such things, when and if
they do appear in software updates.
Are you going to keep paying Tivo just for an epg and to automatically
create recordings on the Pace?
Which device are going to record on to, the pace will record onto its hard
disc with superior quality being an all digital signal, but maybe you have a
bigger HD in your Tivo.

Seems a strange idea to me to try to use both at once.

Old December 5th 03, 07:36 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Keith D Pipex

"Edward" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Edward,
As has been discussed before, there don't appear to be many twin tuner
Freeview boxes out there without HD recording. As such I bought this one
which I'd like to have my Tivo control until it stops being a 'nearly TiVo'.
Don't know what's strange about that :-) At the moment, apart from Sky+,
nothing can compete with the fire and forget nature of TiVo's season passes.

Keith