Sky+ digibox manufacturers

Old November 26th 03, 03:38 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Meep

Default Sky+ digibox manufacturers

If I buy Sky+ do I have to look out for what make of digibox I can choose
from (assuming you are allowed to choose.)
The worry being that when I first got Sky there were terrible problems with
Amstrad boxes so I was able to specify a Panasonic box.

Are there similar dodgy problems with some makes of Sky+ boxes?

Thanks
Alex
Old November 26th 03, 07:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Tony Hoyle

"Meep" wrote in message ...
If I buy Sky+ do I have to look out for what make of digibox I can choose
from (assuming you are allowed to choose.)
The worry being that when I first got Sky there were terrible problems with
Amstrad boxes so I was able to specify a Panasonic box.

Are there similar dodgy problems with some makes of Sky+ boxes?

Thanks
Alex

There's only one manufacturer of Sky+ boxes, so you get no choice.
However you'll probably be randomly allocated a V1 or V2 box - try to
get a V2 if you can (it's the same money*).