Where can I get a Tivo in the UK?

Old November 22nd 03, 07:52 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Simon Fearby

Default Where can I get a Tivo in the UK?

They are going for way over the odds on ebay - any cheaper solutions?
Is there another more practical alternative?

Thanks

Old November 22nd 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The dog from that film you saw

"Simon Fearby" wrote in message
They are going for way over the odds on ebay - any cheaper solutions?
Is there another more practical alternative?

Thanks

isn't that guy still doing them on buy it now for 199 ?

--
Gareth
quote of the day

Old November 23rd 03, 03:04 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Nick Austin

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:52:47 -0000, "Simon Fearby"
wrote:

They are going for way over the odds on ebay - any cheaper solutions?

What do you call "over the odds"? The official Thomson list price
when they were discontinued was 250.

Nick.

Old November 23rd 03, 07:48 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Radiohead

wrote:

They are going for way over the odds on ebay - any cheaper solutions?

What do you call "over the odds"? The official Thomson list price
when they were discontinued was 250.

Indeed, you can get some good bargains on Ebay and it is certainly the best
bet for sourcing TiVos in the UK.

For instance he

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=29 8

Seven available, fitted with double capacity (80 gigs) drive. 274.00.

Old November 23rd 03, 11:05 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Karen

Or look at the right time like I did last month and get one with a lifetime
subscription for 140! )

Alternatively, get up early as twice since I have seen early Buy It Nows
listed for ridiculous sums of money.
One at 8.30am was BIN for 140 (no life time sub) with a start price of 75,
I rang my friend who wanted a cheap second hand one and in that time some
buffoon bid on it, losing the BIN. Grr. Seller was happy as it ended on 230
ish, but my mate wasn't happy!

Karen