Tivo passes million mark

Old November 11th 03, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Hooray

Default Tivo passes million mark

Found this on the DTG site.....

TiVo, the US company that pioneered PVRs, says that it has passed the one
million subscription milestone. In a statement celebrating the milestone,
the company added that it expects surging momentum at retail to result in
the best Christmas season in the company's history.

"Reaching one million subscriptions is a major milestone for our company,"
said Michael Ramsay, CEO of TiVo. "Thanks to the increased growth of both
our standalone subscriptions and, especially, growth with DirecTV, we have
reached this milestone ahead of plan. We expect this momentum to continue
and look forward to the biggest holiday season ever for TiVo."

Originally offered to consumers in a single set-top box, TiVo is now
available in a dozen products manufactured by more than eight consumer
electronic companies. Toshiba and Pioneer have paired TiVo with DVD, and
DirecTV offers four different integrated tuners with TiVo.

Hugo Martin

Old November 12th 03, 09:53 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Curi-ous

"Hooray" wrote in message
[...]

It's just a shame this a US announcement - they've all but forgotten us in
the UK.

Old November 12th 03, 12:53 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris Croughton

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:53:17 +0000 (UTC), Curi-ous
wrote:

"Hooray" wrote in message
Found this on the DTG site.....

TiVo, the US company that pioneered PVRs, says that it has passed the one
million subscription milestone. In a statement celebrating the milestone,
the company added that it expects surging momentum at retail to result in
the best Christmas season in the company's history.

It's just a shame this a US announcement - they've all but forgotten us in
the UK.

"All but forgotten"? How many new TiVos have been sold in the UK in the
last year? I think the word is 'abandoned'...

(Yes, there are still maintenance agreements and supply of the
schedules, but the sales side is dead...)

Chris C
Old November 12th 03, 01:20 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Curi-ous

wrote:

"Hooray" wrote in message
Found this on the DTG site.....

TiVo, the US company that pioneered PVRs, says that it has passed the

one
million subscription milestone. In a statement celebrating the

milestone,
the company added that it expects surging momentum at retail to result

in
the best Christmas season in the company's history.

It's just a shame this a US announcement - they've all but forgotten us

in
the UK.

"All but forgotten"? How many new TiVos have been sold in the UK in the
last year? I think the word is 'abandoned'...

(Yes, there are still maintenance agreements and supply of the
schedules, but the sales side is dead...)

Chris C

Fair enough - I agree 'abandoned' is a better word.