Sky+ fault

Old November 6th 03, 07:51 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
skifan

Default Sky+ fault

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a good thread on known Sky+ faults
and the causes?

I bought a second hand Sky+ v1 box off ebay and when you power it up, the
red light comes on, but it won't come out of standby.

I tried a forced software download (boot with backup pressed) and it took
the download (usual message on screen) and all 4 leds came on during it -
but afterwards, just the same!

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!

Skifan

I'd rather be skiing!

Old November 6th 03, 12:40 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The Simpson`s

"skifan" wrote in message
Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a good thread on known Sky+ faults
and the causes?

I bought a second hand Sky+ v1 box off ebay and when you power it up, the
red light comes on, but it won't come out of standby.

I tried a forced software download (boot with backup pressed) and it took
the download (usual message on screen) and all 4 leds came on during it -
but afterwards, just the same!

Yes try - uk.tech.tv.sky

Fred S

Old November 7th 03, 06:53 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jomtien

skifan wrote:

I bought a second hand Sky+ v1 box off ebay and when you power it up, the
red light comes on, but it won't come out of standby.

Nasty. Can you get your money back? A brand new Sky+ is only £199.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/tez5
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.