Sky Pricing

Old September 10th 03, 08:24 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Jomtien

Default Sky Pricing

WorcsBoy wrote:

If I get sky Plus will the following costs apply:

£200 for the box and installation

£199 + £1 if ordered before the end of September, yes. From October 1
possibly £50 installation.

£18.50 for the family package with most channels except films and sport

Yes.

£10 sub for sky plus

Hmm. Perhaps go instead for a film or sport package and get the Sky+
sub waived from October 1?

£15 for 2nd sky box for the bedroom

Reduced to £10 and probably negotiable anyway. Installation £25 if
done at the time of installing the Sky+. Possibly negotiable.

I already have to pay Tivo £10 per month!

I fail to see why anyone pays Tivo a monthly fee when the £199
lifetime option is available. I would never have even bought my £99
Tivo had I thought that a permanent monthly fee for use was required.
The same applies to the Sky+, of course.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/guiv
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old September 10th 03, 03:16 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Dave Walker

I fail to see why anyone pays Tivo a monthly fee when the 199
lifetime option is available. I would never have even bought my 99
Tivo had I thought that a permanent monthly fee for use was required.
The same applies to the Sky+, of course.

Its a gamble. I pay the 10 monthly, so far they have had 130 out of me.
However, in another 6 months there may well be something better out there,
sky+ may become irresistible, whatever. Whilst I`m happy with the Tivo, I`m
happy to spend 10 per month for the service. Also remember lifetime means
lifetime of the Tivo itself. My first one lasted just 3 months, it was
replaced, but I doubt that they would replace it again for free.

Old September 11th 03, 12:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Geoff Rimmer

"Dave Walker" writes:

Also remember lifetime means lifetime of the Tivo itself. My first
one lasted just 3 months, it was replaced, but I doubt that they
would replace it again for free.

My Tivo went wrong after 13 months (1 month out of warranty) and for
about 60 they sent someone to pick up the faulty box and deliver a
replacement. The lifetime subscription was then transferred over to
the new box.

I could probably have made a fuss about the box going wrong so soon
after the warranty period, but for 60 I was happy to go along with
the swap out.

--
Geoff Rimmer www.sillyfish.com
www.sillyfish.com - Make savings on your BT and Telewest phone calls.