Sky+ Box Gets Hot

Old September 8th 03, 03:08 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
skifan

Default Sky+ Box Gets Hot

Fan only runs when it's needed.
Yes, it gets warm.
Yes, modern drives are pretty quiet.

skifan
"Chris" wrote in message
I have had a new Sky+ box (V2) for about a week now.

I am a little concerned with how warm it seems to get. The top of the box
(above the Sky+ logo) is fairly hot to the touch.

I was also surprised at how quiet the box is. On further inspection, I

have
noticed that the internal fan is not running (you can see from the back
panel vent that the blades are not turning ).

Can anyone tell me if the fan is supposed to run all the time or is it on

thermostat ? Is it normal for the top of the box to get quite hot ?

Many thanks,

Chris