lindows.. any good?

Old September 5th 03, 01:46 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
kevsta

Default lindows.. any good?

i'm hearing good things about lindows, particularly for homebuilt PVR
machines. im going to build one shortly, as a project, anybody know much
about Lindows, particularly in relation to driver availabilty for tv video
cards?

any experience/ tips etc welcome

kevsta

Old September 5th 03, 07:22 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
QrizB

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:46:41 GMT, "kevsta"
wrote:

i'm hearing good things about lindows, particularly for homebuilt PVR
machines. im going to build one shortly, as a project, anybody know much
about Lindows, particularly in relation to driver availabilty for tv video
cards?

any experience/ tips etc welcome

Caveat: I've no PVR-specific experience of Lindows.

Lindows is a custom linux distro that pretends to be Windows so
newbies don't get cold feet. I doubt it will do anything for a PVR
that A.N.Other linux won't, it's likely to be stuffed with packages
you don't need for a PVR, and www.lindows.com don't seem to make
binaries available without strings attached so you'll have to compile
it yourself.

I'd suggest that if you want a linux-based PVR you start somewhere
else.

--
QrizB

be fooled.