Tivo listing for Seinfeld wrong

Old September 4th 03, 10:45 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Cheddar

Default Tivo listing for Seinfeld wrong

Anyone else notice this? I setup a season pass for Seinfeld
and it records 'Cheers'. It's very annoying.

Old September 4th 03, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Radiohead

"Radiohead" wrote in message

"Cheddar" wrote in message
Anyone else notice this? I setup a season pass for Seinfeld
and it records 'Cheers'. It's very annoying.

Extremely annoying! They still haven't updated the schedule, so I suppose
the only option is to set up a season pass to Cheers as well until they

get
their act together.

It's stupid though, why do these things happen when TiVo updates itself on

daily basis?

Whoops, sorry, I meant set up a season pass to 'Taxi', which is scheduled to
start at 10am according to TiVo but which is in fact 'Seinfeld'.

Old September 4th 03, 02:02 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Angus Rae

Radiohead wrote:
It's stupid though, why do these things happen when TiVo updates itself on a
daily basis?

Probably because Paramount Comedy gave the wrong schedules to Tribune
Media Services (the US company that produces the data for TiVos in both
the US and UK) and no one has told them yet. Daily updated data isn't
much good if it's still incorrect at source.

You can call TiVo customer services and report it (it will get passed
back to Tribune) or there is a special thread for reporting EPG data
problems in the TiVo UK section of the TivoCommunity forums at
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/

--
Angus G Rae Computing Services
Science & Engineering Support Team University of Edinburgh

Old September 4th 03, 03:43 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Radiohead

"Angus Rae" wrote in message
Radiohead wrote:
It's stupid though, why do these things happen when TiVo updates itself

on a
daily basis?

Probably because Paramount Comedy gave the wrong schedules to Tribune
Media Services (the US company that produces the data for TiVos in both
the US and UK) and no one has told them yet. Daily updated data isn't
much good if it's still incorrect at source.

You can call TiVo customer services and report it (it will get passed
back to Tribune) or there is a special thread for reporting EPG data
problems in the TiVo UK section of the TivoCommunity forums at
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/

Thanks for the info. I checked out the website and the situation is being
attended to already.

Speaking as a layman, it seems odd to me that the company that compiles the
schedules for TiVo has to wait to be 'informed' by the TV companies as to
any schedule changes. In these days of instant communications and broadband
networks, I would have thought that the system should be more automated than
that.

Given that TiVo itself automatically checks its schedule once a day, why
couldn't Tribune Media Services have an automatic system in place which
frequently checks suppliers' schedules for any changes?

Obviously this would depend on the suppliers running some sort of accessible
database and keeping it up to date, but in this instance Paramount Comedy
had posted the correct schedule information on their website apparently, so
why couldn't that same info have been available *instantly* to Tribune?

http://www.paramountcomedy.co.uk/wha...ff_sched_s.asp

Just thought I'd ask, as you seem to know about these things!

RadioHead