Squeaking Fan

Old August 27th 03, 10:17 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Tom Walder

Default Squeaking Fan

My tivo's fan is making a racket. Can anyone point me in the right
direction for a replacement. It a thompson model which I have upgraded
to 240gb.

Thank Tom

Old August 27th 03, 11:32 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Iain Miller

"Tom Walder" wrote in message
t...
My tivo's fan is making a racket. Can anyone point me in the right
direction for a replacement. It a thompson model which I have upgraded
to 240gb.

Its a pretty standard PC cooling fan as far as I can remember. Can't
remember whether its 60 or 80mm though. Try here
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...e_Fans_47.html. Make
sure you get one with the right power connector - where it says 4 pin
connector it means the big plastic Molex thing that Hard drives etc run on.
Also have a look at the existing fan & see if you can see anything re its
output & make sure you get one that is at least as powerfull.

rgds

I.