MythTV Forum?

Old August 20th 03, 09:07 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
[email protected]

Default MythTV Forum?

Is there a newsgroup or forum for MythTV? especially a UK one? I find the
email list a real nightmare trying to follow threads.

So far I wished I had not started this project, so much is American biased,
as well as requiring a deep and meaningful understanding of Linux. SageTV
and Windows XP is starting to look attractive!

Paul.

Old August 22nd 03, 03:20 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Chris p

[email protected] wrote:
Laugh out loud...So far Xp has run longer!

the only things thats braught my linux box (ok not myth tv) down was 1
bad graphics card configuration when trying to use 3d modes. I would
have a much longer uptime but im always wanting to swap stuff in and out

Old September 1st 03, 12:53 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Aztech

"[email protected]" wrote in message
Laugh out loud...So far Xp has run longer!

I do take you point, and only wish I understood a lot of the instructions,
the part that made me give up was the XMLTV, give it a few months and
perhaps they will support us better in Europe.

XMLTV was designed by a bloke in the UK, though Myth seem to be focused on US
analogue cable.

Az.

Old September 2nd 03, 07:44 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
gary dawes

I'm running a dual tuner mythtv system, based on a athlon 1700XP, 2
jetway 878 tv capture cards and a generic Geforce4 tv-out card, all on
top of Mandrake. It records terrestrial TV from 1 card, and Sky from
the other. I also have installed linux on the daughter's computer and
dropped the frontend on there, so she can watch recorded programmes in
her room.

It works very well, and hardly misses a beat, it's almost too
successful in our house! If it fails for any reason then I get no end
of earbending until it's fixed!! There are a few gotchas in the UK
though.

If you want to email me directly then I'd be happy to chat.

cheers

gary
I do take you point, and only wish I understood a lot of the instructions,
the part that made me give up was the XMLTV, give it a few months and
perhaps they will support us better in Europe.

Other than that, has anyone managed to get Myth working well in the UK? I
would be interested in talking off group.

Regards Paul.