my tivo likes the start of tv shows

Old August 5th 03, 05:28 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
The dog from that film you saw

Default my tivo likes the start of tv shows

so,
there i am, watching something on the tivo and I need to go out, so i press
the power button, it shuts down.
i come back later and

ARGH!

half the time the sod won't let me resume - it wants to play from the start.
is there any rhyme or reason to this or is it a random thing?

--
Gareth
quote of the day

Old August 5th 03, 06:31 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Nick Austin

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:28:32 +0100, "The dog from that film you saw"
wrote:

so,
there i am, watching something on the tivo and I need to go out, so i press
the power button, it shuts down.
i come back later and

ARGH!

half the time the sod won't let me resume - it wants to play from the start.
is there any rhyme or reason to this or is it a random thing?

A description of the problem and suggested workaround:

http://www.garysargent.co.uk/tivo/bugs/ResumePlay.htm

Nick.