TV Guide

Old August 3rd 03, 12:54 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Michael

Default TV Guide

Why is it that on some channels TiVO does not show what's on, just a
continuing list of the channel name whereas, the Sky guide lists the
actual programs. I discovered what a pain this is when I went to record
a program on The Amp. Obviously, TiVO doesn't know of it because it's
listing doesn't show the actual programs. What's the deal with this.

Cheers,
Mike
Your only weapon is,
Those you work with,
Your strength is their strength,
Can't beat the rank and file ....
GO GET ORGANISED!!
Old August 3rd 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.video.pvr
Carl Waring

"Michael" wrote in message
Why is it that on some channels TiVO does not show what's on, just a
continuing list of the channel name whereas, the Sky guide lists the
actual programs. I discovered what a pain this is when I went to record
a program on The Amp. Obviously, TiVO doesn't know of it because it's
listing doesn't show the actual programs. What's the deal with this.

Tivo's listings are prepared by a US company called Tribune Media Services.
They get there information either directly from a channel or through a third
party. If a particular channel does not supply them with data, they cannot
be expected to know what's on that channel.

Don't forget also, that all of the standard terrestrial (ie non-digital)
channels only supply schedule info two weeks in advance. This also applies
to a few of the digital channels as well; E4 for example. So, if you use the
on-screen EPG and go past the last day of listings for a given channel, all
you will see is the two-hour blocks of channel ID.

I hope this helps you. If not, write back :-)

--