News Item - Sky may halve the price of Sky+ around August / September 2003

Old July 13th 03, 09:27 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.media.tv.misc
Dave

Default News Item - Sky may halve the price of Sky+ around August / September 2003

Mark Gordon writes
Last I checked (and I even did this) you could phone up and get an FTV
card sent to you for free.

Not any more you can't.

--
Dave
Old July 15th 03, 05:16 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.media.tv.misc
Paul Hyett

In uk.media.tv.misc on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 at 05:53:38, Jomtien
wrote :
Mark Gordon wrote:

Last I checked (and I even did this) you could phone up and get an FTV card
sent to you for free.

Why do I get the impression that you may have been living in a
cardboard box buried in three metres of snow at the North Pole for a
couple of months?

That sounds wonderful, given the current weather!
--
Paul 'US Sitcom Fan' Hyett

Website at http://www.activist.demon.co.uk/USsitcoms/

Old July 15th 03, 08:57 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.media.tv.misc
Mark Gordon

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 05:53:38 GMT
Jomtien wrote:

Mark Gordon wrote:

Last I checked (and I even did this) you could phone up and get an
FTV card sent to you for free.

Why do I get the impression that you may have been living in a
cardboard box buried in three metres of snow at the North Pole for a
couple of months? New FTV cards are no longer available from the FTV
number. See my sig.

OK, so the situation has changes since I last checked. What I posted was
still correct since I hadn't checked since the change ;-)
--
Mark Gordon
Old July 16th 03, 08:56 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.video.pvr,uk.media.tv.misc
Chris Croughton

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:59:57 +0100, Mark Gordon
wrote:

Do you want me to post an iceberg to you? I've got a nice one here with
a polar bear on it :-)

Post me one as well, please! I'm not sure what the MIME type is for
'iceberg', but I'm sure there is one...

Oh, nice twist on it!

Chris C